Tires rubbing

Nickel-n-Dimer

take the flares off?...im actually getting ready to put mine back on the 95 i just bought...umm the only thing i could say is load it down and try to see where its rubbing and maybe take a cut off wheel and modify them? or get a lift :D if u tow a lot u might could get some stiffer springs or what not in the back?

You are probably right, I just last week put in some rancho5000 shocks in the rear and the stock one were still in the truck, I could easly push them in and pull them out like an accordian, I'm shure the springs should be replaced..

If you replaced the shocks (i too have the rancho 5000's with the jgcc conversion) then yes, you need coils.. if you tow, may as well go the whole hog n lift 'er in the back 2-4" with the JGC coils... kragens p/n PA 8360513 (FCS782V) $70 for the pair and easy to install :aok:

Slick, where do you get this idea that since he replaced his shocks, the coils are automatically busted? Jeez.

Please clarify: are the tires rubbing in front or rear?

Your options are:

Trim the fender flares with a utility knife.

Remove the flares and hope the tires don't rub on the sheetmetal.

Install a body lift or suspension lift.

Has anyone else had a problem with there tire's rubbing on the plastic peices holding the rear flares on(when loaded down or pulling trailer)...if so whats a good option to fix this? Thanks

You can install air suspension kit. It's not too expensive and it really helps with heavy loads or towing.

http://www.airliftcompany.com/new-index/Frameset.htm

Edited by Filthy Luker

Slick, where do you get this idea that since he replaced his shocks, the coils are automatically busted? Jeez.

Please clarify: are the tires rubbing in front or rear?

Your options are:

Trim the fender flares with a utility knife.

Remove the flares and hope the tires don't rub on the sheetmetal.

Install a body lift or suspension lift.

sssh Has anyone else had a problem with there tire's rubbing on the plastic peices holding the rear flares on(when loaded down or pulling trailer)...

that indicates rear. he installed new shocks, and it's still sagging. indicating shot coils too.

I was just giving him the cheapest fix of all......... it's his option to listen to me or not.. just a suggestion for him ;)

and to me it sounded like it's rubbing in the fender wells.....

Edited by Slick