grr. as if JGC coils arent hard enough to find...

DSM_guy

well, on my quest for a pair of cheap JGC springs (which BTW we need the ZJ coils) i ran across a couple jeeper forums. well, upon reading and searching through the FS sections..the very same coils we are looking for (fronts) are being gobbled up like hotcakes by xj and other trim levels to use on their rears just like us. then they just order a taller front spring. i was hoping to stumble on a plenthora of cheap springs..but they go almost faster on those forums than here. oh and from what i read you can get an extra 1-2" out of the "up country" trim level springs.

not really much information here as much as a slight rant lol. at least i know why they are always being bid on ebay quite heavily. *sighs* i guess ill have to keep hoping that a junkyard opens up near here..or someone can find me some at a decent rate.

LOL I've run these coils for 2 years now, and all is good. The laugh came from just now, the first time I tried searching Jeep ZJ pulls up a kit that, with a few mods, allows you to fit 31x10.5 tires. Ummmmmmmm.... Did somebody forget to tell them what the kids are playing with these days? sssh

woot, well i just got a reply back from one of the guys at some forum i visited. getting a set for 55 shipped. he insisted on selling the rears as well...just to get them out. maybe i can make something creative (non automotive) out of them or seomething :shrug:

so yeah..the pathy is goin 3" higher (or so) oooooooooooooooo yeah!!

LOL I've run these coils for 2 years now, and all is good. The laugh came from just now, the first time I tried searching Jeep ZJ pulls up a kit that, with a few mods, allows you to fit 31x10.5 tires. Ummmmmmmm.... Did somebody forget to tell them what the kids are playing with these days? sssh

Ever go to Trailmaster's site and read what tire you can fit with their 4" kit :laugh:

The F100 coils will fall out of the socket if you flex it enough off-road, though. Also, they're like 600 lb/in coils, while the JGC coils are more like 375 lb/in.

I respectfully disagree. I've been running those coils for a while now with the proper 3" lift RS9000X shocks and I've never had an issue. Quite possibly I wheel harder and more often than 95% of the people in this forum, and this setup allows me to flex like mad off road and due to the spring rate I can load up the trunk area with my winch, full size spare, tools, hi-lift, spare parts, chains, etc.... and the back end just loves it (ok that sounded a bit dirty). sly

Perhaps you had some crazy long travel shocks and had bad experience with this setup, but I know that I am not the only one running those coils with either the RS9000x or RS5000 shocks, as few of my friends run them without any issues as well.