Need some help....

Pathfinder-jay

Alright, well to those who read my comment earlier about the 92 pathfinder... I have some questions like usual lol

First of all the 92 pathy im getting has a rebuilt engine, the body is almost in mint but the brakes are gone and the interior is a very ugly red.... It also had front visor..with lights, roof rack, fender flares...and step bars...

Now... my 91 pathy has brand new brakes... no addons and its rusted to @!*%...

With that being said a list of quetions...

Would it be costly to remove the following parts from my 91 to place in the 92....

The brakes, brake line, gas line, power steering lines, spark plugs...?

Also would it be hard to put my blue interior from my 91 into the 92? As in the seats/dash/middle peice between the 2 front seats...etc...basically remove the inside of the 92 and put my 91 inside there?? Steering whell included...

Let me know what you guys think...

Visit the image gallery on www.pathfinderxbuild.com to compare the 2 trucks

Thanks

Jason

Alright, well to those who read my comment earlier about the 92 pathfinder... I have some questions like usual lol

First of all the 92 pathy im getting has a rebuilt engine, the body is almost in mint but the brakes are gone and the interior is a very ugly red.... It also had front visor..with lights, roof rack, fender flares...and step bars...

Now... my 91 pathy has brand new brakes... no addons and its rusted to @!*%...

With that being said a list of quetions...

Would it be costly to remove the following parts from my 91 to place in the 92....

The brakes, brake line, gas line, power steering lines, spark plugs...?

Also would it be hard to put my blue interior from my 91 into the 92? As in the seats/dash/middle peice between the 2 front seats...etc...basically remove the inside of the 92 and put my 91 inside there?? Steering whell included...

Let me know what you guys think...

Visit the image gallery on www.pathfinderxbuild.com to compare the 2 trucks

Thanks

Jason

hey now! dont be dissin on the red interiors :P they just went a bit overboard and made EVERYTHING that same color

as for the answer to your question..i dunno if there is anything more obvious. hmm, lets see..new engine, straight body, a few upgrades VS rusted @!*%box with new brakes. hmm, im getting something here....wait, no, wait, ther it is again. yes yes! GO WITH THE ONE IN BETTER CONDITION! use the 91 as your parts pathy...its a no brainer. swaping all those parts over is minor compared to rust and body repair..and engine repair..and all that.

as far as the int..if you REALLY want to. but remember..alot of the plastic is old and brittle..your gonna end up with some parts that wont quite fit up too well if you start jerking peices out and putting them in another truck. your interior will rattle like allice in chains. i say do as im doing..just contrast some things here and there to cut down on all the maroon.

Well the white truck was originaly just like yours but it was rust proofed and repainted 4 years ago... So it was well taken care of...some new cons to the 92

-Missing half the exhaust

-High Beams dont work

-No electric windows

-No electric mirrors

-Battery Dead

-Possible axcle crack in rear

-No stereo(no cd player or speakers)

Pros:

-Engine runs nice with only 203 000, rebuilt at 175 000

-Step Bar

-Roof Rack

-Fender Flares

-Front windshield Viser

-Tinted windows

-New Tranny and Clutch

-4 winter tires and rims and 5 all seasons with rims

Now a couple a questions?

-Is there such thing as dash paint...my dad was talking about it... to paint over the dash material?

-How much do you think I could get for my 91 pathy? I put about 3000$ repairs...new brakes...new power steering hoses, new gas line, battery, fixed all wiring, full tune up, 240 000 km, engine doesnt burn oil and its super quiet....

-Is there a way to install my electric windows from my 91 to my 92? Is it worth it? How much do you guys think it will cost?A

-Would the electric mirrors be easy to install aswell?

Anyhow sorry for all the questions but im going through a tough time letting go of the 91 since its 100% mechanicaly running but the body is brutal

Let me know what you all think

Jason

hmm, thats a dilemma. there would be a decent ammount of wiring to run to the 92...and the easiest way to transfer the windows, locks, and mirrors would honestly be to just unbolt the door and move it. but that would deff call for a repaint. hmm, i really dunno man. it seems each has their own issues. if your wantin to build a trail rig...id just go with the 92 and forget all the power stuff. its more crap to break down the road...trust me. and it has more options like a rack and whatnot.i guess it really depends on what you hate more...wiring or body work.

the hi beams could be an easy fix like a fuse or relay, or a shorted wire. the cracked axle could be replaced. it really depends on what you want the vehicle for.

the hi beams could be an easy fix like a fuse or relay, or a shorted wire. the cracked axle could be replaced. it really depends on what you want the vehicle for.

Don't you remember the WD21's don't have headlight relays? :P

I'd check for a fuse or shorted wire though -- I know the HB's didn't work in my 87 when I did the rewire -- it ended up being a blown fuse to the PS headlight.

Hmm yah this is quite a dilemma. Between the two it seems like there is enough to make at least one road worthy vehicle, and maybe have enough left over for a dedicated trail rig...

Either way you go you'v got a lot of work ahead of you.

To answer your question yes there is a plethora of dash paints made for painting plastics. Should be available at most auto parts stores. I'm pretty sure DuPont makes it as well as some other well known companies.

That is a dilemma. Solid truck with power-nothing, or beat up truck with power-everything. If manual windows and locks don't bother you too much, I'd almost be ready to pull the new calipers and good parts from the beat up truck and go that route. I've got power everything, but I'd personally sacrifice some of it if I had some serious bugs and issues that needed to be addressed.

On a side note, I'd steer away from painting the dash. To me, doing that is just some hack work in the end, like chrome spinner hub caps. It will probably never feel like the original dash finish, and do you want to risk it peeling up or rubbing off down the road?

I think im almost definite of keeping the white truck as my own to drive and selling the blue one and using the money I make from it to fix whatever needs fixing on the white one...seems like the better idea to me anyhow. But before I buy it to use im going to get it inspected...if its mechanically a peice of @!*%...welcome to the parts job for my blue pathy :beer:

Anyhow let me know what you guys think

Jason

Well today I went to my friends house with the 92, put a new battery in, got the tires pumped and warmed up that 6 month oil...which i will change right after inspection :)

I cleaned all the inside out, and got it looking snazzy.

Anyhow only things that bother me are

-Lack of speakers

-Roll down windows (with those who have do you mind it that much?? also is there an option to make them electric? if so how much em I looking at?)

-Non-electic mirrors...doesnt bother me to much since I never touch the mirrors

-Missing half the exhaust... Cheaper and more efficient to install a snorkle now then replace my back exhaust/muffler?

Thanks

-Roll down windows (with those who have do you mind it that much??

I'd much rather have roll downs, in my opinion electric are just something else that can break. Not to mention the fact I can open and close the windows without power or a key in it. I'm a basics kinda guy though, K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid ;) ).

if you REALLY want to convert over to power windows..i suggest going with the SPAL power windows kit. google search to find more info.

in a nutshell, its a completley universal power windows kit that comes with everything you need minus the switches in the kit...and those you can buy seperatley at the same site that are specifically for the SPAL kits. i cant remember if they sell 4 door kits, so you may need to buy 2, 2-door kits. they retain your spindle and uses a motor to turn it..you of course remove your crank handle and put a lil plug over it all. if you wanted you could probably swap over to power door skins and use the factory switches if your inclined to do so.

i added power windows to my mitsubishi this way and i must say im very pleased with the way they perform. wireing is a breeze, and the relays are actually contained in the switches themselves...so no need to do alot of extra stuff. you mereley hook up your + and - leads from your window motor, a power source, a ground, and if they are lighted switches..an illumination wire. thats it!

but to be honest..something that may be built up for a beat around vehicle..eh who cares if you have manual options? like GG said...its one less thing to go wrong.

-Missing half the exhaust... Cheaper and more efficient to install a snorkle now then replace my back exhaust/muffler?

Thanks

I think you'll have to replace the exhaust first if you don't want a ticket, you don't need a snorkle and the exhaust you will need for probably about the same cost as a snorkle.

Well I ran into some new conclusions. I went to get an estimate on fixing the rust on my 91 pathy today at my friends shop and it will cost me 2500$ to take all rust away and repaint the whole truck.

Peices being replaced:

-Rockers, both sides

-Front driver side door

-Both front fenders

-All 4 new internal fenders

-New front/back bumpers

++plus they will fix all the rest of rust spots under and around the truck. Everything is guranteed for 3 years. Since my 91 pathy is now 100% mechanicaly fine then I figured Id keep it and just fix the body, less hassles in the long run..

What do you guys think? get the 92..which might face mechanical problems soon or keep my 100% mechanicaly fine 91 and repaint/ de-rust it?

Thanks ;)

I love the blue interior too, im going to be getting it refurbished in spring along with my exterior... gonna make this 91 look like new.... already runs like a new truck! it should be aloud to look like it too lmao

Anyhow guys, my final decision is to get the body fixed up and not go with the 92 pathy for it is unknown territory... anything can go wrong with it. I know my truck inside out on the other hand.