Future Pathfinder owner (again)?

Guest Arizona Slim

Guest Arizona Slim

Hi all. I just joined so I could ask about the 06 Pathy's offroad abilities. I previously owned an 03 4x4 which I really liked, but I want to do some more challenging trails with whatever I get next. I haven't found squat in the way of lifts or other offroad mods for the current PF, which has me thinking maybe its more city cruiser than offroad machine. Whatcha think?

they are still capable off road stock... see posts by R50/ 05 pathy owners.. there is currently no after market for parts for the newer (05 up) pathys.. but i am sure in a year or 2 there will be. There are parts for the R50's.. just take a ganders at pezzys rig *drools*.... a pathy is as bold as its owner.... but out of the box they are capable off roaders with little to no mods.. depending on the level of wheeling you plan to do... mods are needed if you plan on hitting difficult trails.. as is the case with ANY off road rig....even a Jeep..

oh.. and WELCOME!! WAVEY

What Slick said. The 96-04 is very capable as is and there are some neat mods for it as well.

The 05-06 has not been around long enough yet but as Slick says, just wait.

You also may want to look at the 06 Xterra, same size as the 96-04 (R50) Pathfinder.

And Welcome :beer:

hmm... I thought there was a lift out for the 05+ pathys... ???

I know a few companies are starting on mods for the newest pathy...

Sadly, if I was looking for the newest version to wheel, I'd go with the new X over the pathy... the new path seems so big to me! My boat is big enough on the trails!

Welcome to the board & good luck shopping!

As I already posted in the other thread you posted, if ya wanna wheel more challenging trails than ones you did with the '03 perhaps you should look at the Hummer H3 or Jeep Rubicon.... Also take a look at the Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Edited by Filthy Luker

Guest Arizona Slim

Yeah, I checked out the H3, its second on my list. The new Xterra is nice but it can get pretty pricey, almost as much as the Pathfinder.

Seriously... as posted in the other thread, if you want to wheel challenging trails look into an older truck. Fixing trail damage on new trucks is expensive, and older trucks will in most cases be better and more capable in the first place. If you want something new, do take a look at the Toyota FJ Cruiser as well. There are some SPECTACULAR videos of it in action on Toyota's website...