body lift problems lol

deadkennedys

ok so i went to a local offroad shop to see if they could get me a body lift the guy calls several places and tells me that they only make them for 86-90 and he told me i think you have a unibody and laughed and told him that he was wrong then just for giggles i asked him to see why i couldnt put that lift on my pathy so he called back and they told him that i cant use it cause my stearing in rack and pinnion and that i would either have to cut my firewall or buy a new stearing shaft. (thinking that both these guys are out of there mind) i asked him how much the lift would cost. he wanted 120 for it so that was just my fun trip today

You do know why that BL won't work, don't you? :shrug:

The rear bolts are not the correct length for the later WD21's.....AC is one of the only places to get a BL for them, as they actually open the Performance Accessories kit, and add the correct bolts.

:aok:

Kinda reminds me of working in a tire/repair shop -- We'd call the local napa parts house just to request a carb kit for a 97 ford diesel. It'd be 5+ minutes before they came back to the phone saying they don't seem to carry that part :lol:

Hey DK

Try AAA Metric bolt supply in Denver. If you take them one of your old bolts they can probably get you one 3" longer. I just made a small access hole above the bolt in my cargo floor and used a regular bolt about the same length. You could take a look at how it looks on my truck if you want.

Hey DK

Try AAA Metric bolt supply in Denver. If you take them one of your old bolts they can probably get you one 3" longer. I just made a small access hole above the bolt in my cargo floor and used a regular bolt about the same length. You could take a look at how it looks on my truck if you want.

why would you go through all that when you can order a kit thats been used and proven to work on all WD-21's without incident. one that includes the correct bolts so there is no going to another supplier and "probably" finding one and paying through the nose. for 15 more dollars shipped you can get all the correct parts and peace of mind that your dealing with people that know your vehicle. who knows how much greif youd have to go through to get the correct parts on time if you have some 'tard arguing with you about your truck's build, and then trying to find correct bolts. and im sure with taxes they want, it would be cheaper gonig with AC

why would you go through all that when you can order a kit thats been used and proven to work on all WD-21's without incident. one that includes the correct bolts so there is no going to another supplier and "probably" finding one and paying through the nose. for 15 more dollars shipped you can get all the correct parts and peace of mind that your dealing with people that know your vehicle. who knows how much greif youd have to go through to get the correct parts on time if you have some 'tard arguing with you about your truck's build, and then trying to find correct bolts. and im sure with taxes they want, it would be cheaper gonig with AC

Depends on the situation really. There have been many guys who found a kit for like $50+ less than AC offers, say from a friend or eBay. If they can access the proper bolt for say $10 for both, they're still $40 ahead. For a lot of guys out there, that's $40 well saved and worth the effort. As for going through the top, I'd actually not be fully against that. I was the guy that had a bolt siezed in back, and I ended up breaking the head of the bolt off while trying to get it out. We finally had to cut in from the top, apply lube and then heat to remove it. After looking back on that, it actually shouldn't be a big deal to just go that route with a different bolt and nut in the first place if you were desperate. Read: you don't have a full kit or don't have options. Not condoning it as "the way to go" but that's what it took for mine.