Lights for dashboard switches

Guest psyopper

Guest psyopper

Here's the question - all of the switches around the steering column, such as the Cruise Control, Rear Wiper, Hazard and the rest, don't light up at night. This makes the task of finding the appropriae switch a little random.

Are these switches supposed to be lit? My rear defrost switch is backlit, but none of the others are. If they are how do I get to the lamps and change them?

Thanks!

Brad

Edited by psyopper

Guest psyopper

OK, so even I hate me for not using the search!

:)

Fuses checked out OK, rear lights OK, it's got the stock stereo installed. The gauges light up just fine, the stereo lights up fine, it's just the switches. Some more research may be necessary.

I did notice to pigtails hanging out from under the dash behind the fuse box. Darned if I know how two pigs got up under there though...

Seriously though, there were two pigtails, one was a two-pin and the other a 6 pin. There didn't seem to be any sockets to plug them into within reach. Any ideas? Could one of these be part of the problem?

Thanks!

Brad

my rear wiper n stuff on my XE don't light up either.. but my fingers know exactly where to do the walking... ;)

as for footwells.. blah pooey.. i don't want to find the cigarette i just dropped! :o

Here's the question - all of the switches around the steering column, such as the Cruise Control, Rear Wiper, Hazard and the rest, don't light up at night. This makes the task of finding the appropriae switch a little random.

Are these switches supposed to be lit? My rear defrost switch is backlit, but none of the others are. If they are how do I get to the lamps and change them?

Thanks!

Brad

Some will disagree with my observations, but no, the switches to either side of the steering column are not backlighted. I bought my '91 SE new and they were never lit. I thought something was wrong until I looked at 2 other new 'Finders on the lot at the time and theirs didn't light either. A small oversight on Nissan's part, I guess...

Guest psyopper

I thought so. From looking at them closely yesterday it lookslike the letters/symbols are just painted on.

Oh well, I guess it's blind fumbling until I get used to what's where...

Thanks gacruiser!