04 towing Q's.

Tuned200

When towing my Ninja with the pathfinder, the rear seems to drop 2-4 inches from the trailer and bike. Total tongue weight isnt that much, I move them by hand and hook it up by myself. Wht does my pathfinder sag?

And ideas or ways to"jack" the rear end up?

Edited by Tuned200

If you don't want much of a lift I would go with the OME front and rear springs. It's about a 1 inch lift or less. As you can see from my picture its not that much higher then stock. The dif comes in the ride and towing. When I hook my loaded trailer with the Old Man Emu springs, I see very little sinking in the rear, and I get a lot more control. Besides that you can always go with the Air Bag System which would be less expensive.

Your options are Air Bags, OME 1 inch lift, and 2 inch lift made by ???? (someone on here knows). Also just to note my Pathfinder is 2 wheel drive so I didn't want much of a lift myself.

Agreed on the RS9000x Rancho shocks. You can adjust the valving on them for higher stiffness or make them softer.

HOWEVER - stiffer shocks will NOT alleviate sagging with a lot of weight. Your options are to either get higher rated springs (OME Heavy Duty or AC Lift springs), or Air bags helpers that go inside of your current springs and can be aired up at a gas station tire pump to achieve the ride height you want - and then when you take off the trailer, simply release the valve in the air bag and let it back to normal.

The air bags would probably be the cheapest and most customizable way to go about this.

My roommate bought a pair of Airlift bags for his 4Runner for $100. Yes, this is most certainly a DIY type install as all you have to do is drop the springs out of the axle and mount the bags. For the Airlift bags, you don't need to have an on-board compressor as you can fill them up with any air compressor with a standard tire inflation valve.

http://www.airliftcompany.com