OK MY CAR IS BROKEN

MiSh

ok took it into a suspension place today and EVERY bushing is shot. but thats not the bad news my frount diff support bar it broken and that will cost $1400 just for the part. all my suspension is rooted including torsion bar.

All up the damadge report is just over $4000 :(:(

So i am gonna have to sell her off for parts and get another truck.

This time i aint getting a bloody import :(:(:(

I hope not to raise the heckles of our friend vengeful but I tend to agree with the above.

I do hope vengeful can forgive me for my irreverence toward him. I think he gets annoyed with others being able to have a live axle and he is stuck with his immutable front end.

ok heres the right up and the price in AU dollars

Frount shocks $210

Swaybar link bush $19

Swaybar D bush $30

Welding to chasis (where things have worn through) $241

Radius rod bush $70

control arm bushes $371

Rear shocks $350

Rear springs $199

Panhard rod bush $39

Draglink $440

Diff mount suport bar $1139

Fitting $847

Alignment $55

tottal $4141

ok heres the right up and the price in AU dollars

Frount shocks $210

Swaybar link bush $19

Swaybar D bush $30

Welding to chasis (where things have worn through) $241

Radius rod bush $70

control arm bushes $371

Rear shocks $350

Rear springs $199

Panhard rod bush $39

Draglink $440

Diff mount suport bar $1139

Fitting $847

Alignment $55

tottal $4141

Mish that is a blatant rip off.

My calmini shocks aren't worth that much!

Your sway bar link bush can be had front coventrys for like 7 dollars and takes about 10 minutes to fit.

I don't see them spending over 2 hours welding on your truck so cant see how they can charge over $200 for welding.

UCA bushes are not $370!

Tell them where to stick the rear shocks and springs!

@!*% you can have my old rear springs for nothing if you want.

hahaha panhard rod bush $39

Draglink should be about $200 - $250 for a replacement

Dunno about the support bar but like I said before go to a wreckers.

I can fit all the bushes for you for a cold beer :)

Shocks aren't hard...I have never swapped springs though.

Alignment, WA suspensions will charge you about $35 for that.

Mate they are trying to take you for a ride. It's Pedders, don't believe their slogan of no bull!

Mish that is a blatant rip off.

My calmini shocks aren't worth that much!

Your sway bar link bush can be had front coventrys for like 7 dollars and takes about 10 minutes to fit.

I don't see them spending over 2 hours welding on your truck so cant see how they can charge over $200 for welding.

UCA bushes are not $370!

Tell them where to stick the rear shocks and springs!

@!*% you can have my old rear springs for nothing if you want.

hahaha panhard rod bush $39

Draglink should be about $200 - $250 for a replacement

Dunno about the support bar but like I said before go to a wreckers.

I can fit all the bushes for you for a cold beer :)

Shocks aren't hard...I have never swapped springs though.

Alignment, WA suspensions will charge you about $35 for that.

Mate they are trying to take you for a ride. It's Pedders, don't believe their slogan of no bull!

As Justin just said. Rip off!

Frount shocks $210...WTF

Rear shocks $350...WTF You should beable to get all 4 for this or less... 20 min max to install your self... or each depending on your skill level...

Swaybar link bush $19 bushings are a pain in the pocket book... you can replace all yourself..

Swaybar D bush $30

Panhard rod bush $39

Welding to chasis (where things have worn through) $241...WTF they making you a whole new frame? Whats worn through got some pic's?

Radius rod bush $70

control arm bushes $371...as in Ball Joints? Like $60 each here for life time warrenty stuff here..

Rear springs $199... could get a set of JGC new in the box with 3" lift like Slick's

Draglink $440... I have not checked on these...

Diff mount suport bar $1139 JY $100 and they pull it....(checked today)

Fitting $847...Fitting is this like KY or something.....

Alignment $55... Same here or $120 for lifetime alignment...

tottal $4141

Mish go get a second or 3rd opinion.... Do not tell them thats what you are getting 2nd opinions....

WTF?!?! that is a HUGE rip off. That place shouldnt even be around. you can get most if not all your parts from a wrecker for under 500. the onlything I would buy new is the bushings. even that you may be able to find good ones in the GY. RIP OFF! iff you do replace your shocks, bring them over to the shop and shove um up there azz! that place is a joke, PERIOD!

Frount shocks $210...WTF

Rear shocks $350...WTF You should beable to get all 4 for this or less... 20 min max to install your self... or each depending on your skill level...

Swaybar link bush $19 bushings are a pain in the pocket book... you can replace all yourself..

Swaybar D bush $30

Panhard rod bush $39

Welding to chasis (where things have worn through) $241...WTF they making you a whole new frame? Whats worn through got some pic's?

Radius rod bush $70

control arm bushes $371...as in Ball Joints? Like $60 each here for life time warrenty stuff here..

Rear springs $199... could get a set of JGC new in the box with 3" lift like Slick's

Draglink $440... I have not checked on these...

Diff mount suport bar $1139 JY $100 and they pull it....(checked today)

Fitting $847...Fitting is this like KY or something.....

Alignment $55... Same here or $120 for lifetime alignment...

tottal $4141

Mish go get a second or 3rd opinion.... Do not tell them thats what you are getting 2nd opinions....

We are in Australia and everthing is expensive motoring wise. Though most of the mentioned gear can be aquired cheaper, it will not be much cheaper. The bushing and spring prices are well over the top though. Ball joints are not bushes. Bushes are only a few dollars each, nylathane is dearer, but they are easy to put in, as are the springs.

$440 is Nissans price for a drag link and sounds about right. Going out to the wreckers and finding the required gear will be cheaper also. Having said that, Pathies are not a dime a dozen over here and the price people want for things reflect that. Parts are rare, not common.

Why do you think we cry over here when we see you can get lockers for a few hundred $. We cry because the same locker here is about $1k.

The live axle is a real option and given the price that has been quoted, and the cheapest option to boot. If the live axle option is chosen, then the issues that plague the Nissan front end will never come up again. This in itself saves money period, and will pay for itself in a year if you are partial to going off road.

Yeah Vsicks, given relative cost, we still pay a ton more for similar parts in the US vs. guys with domestic (US) trucks like Chevy's and Jeeps. And Pathy's are generally not common in junkyards here either. I tried at one point to look up some parts here + shipping for Mish, but the shipping cost was so insane. The US Post Office only quoted like $30 for a small light weight box of bushings and stuff, but their reliability abroad may be suspect. UPS wanted like $75 US for like $80 in parts! So somebody hopefully can guide Mish toward some easy to acquire and afford parts or info on a SAS, as we'd hate to lose a fellow Pathy/Terrano owner. Good luck!

Yeah Vsicks, given relative cost, we still pay a ton more for similar parts in the US vs. guys with domestic (US) trucks like Chevy's and Jeeps.  And Pathy's are generally not common in junkyards here either.  I tried at one point to look up some parts here + shipping for Mish, but the shipping cost was so insane.  The US Post Office only quoted like $30 for a small light weight box of bushings and stuff, but their reliability abroad may be suspect.  UPS wanted like $75 US for like $80 in parts!  So somebody hopefully can guide Mish toward some easy to acquire and afford parts or info on a SAS, as we'd hate to lose a fellow Pathy/Terrano owner.  Good luck!

We need to know what Mish decides to do. If it is a live axle, there is plenty of advise that can be given.

Oh, and you are correct. US postal costs are out of this world. I have shipped gear form there and the shipping cost was higher than the cost of the product. Still cheaper than getting it here though. Go figure?

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

We need to know what Mish decides to do. If it is a live axle, there is plenty of advise that can be given.

Oh, and you are correct. US postal costs are out of this world. I have shipped gear form there and the shipping cost was higher than the cost of the product. Still cheaper than getting it here though. Go figure?

You mean after all that, its still cheaper than sourcing an importing it yourself??? WTF?!