The Lock Right has arrived!

Mr. Pickles

So it came in last week, and I've finally had a chance to check it out. For any that saw, I bought it via eBay, and from the shipping address matching that of LockRight's on the instructions, etc. it appears the unit came directly from Richmond Gear for $235 + shipping. Seems decent enough, so I jumped on it without much research at all. :rolleyes: I figured between the install instructions and the Haynes manual, I should be able to figure it out. Heh heh heh...

So the instructions that came with the locker are in something approaching Greek with only a couple generic pics. Oh, and there are several versions of both the lockers and install techniques depending on the type of diff you have, but no pics or plain English to help you figure it out. (I'm very much a visual and "just do it" learner). Better yet, the Haynes manual's approach to anything dealing with the rear diff is... "its pretty tough to work on, so we're not gonna cover it, take it to a shop." Thanks guys! So...

Calling all those that have installed a Lock Right. I found the following site discussing the install on what appears to be what I'm after. Does anybody have input or tips, and does this site appear to be correct?

Lockright Locker Install

As it is, I probably won't be tackling this until at least well into January or beyond when things settle down, so now is the time to gather more info. and input. So, fire away.

Anybody??? WAVEY

actually, it's fairly simple if a)u take your time, b)you don't cut corners and c)you have an air gun handy to break the main cap bolts and third member bolts apart with ;)

Air gun, as in, impact? Guess its a good thing the Ms. bought me an air compressor for my birthday. :D Time for more toys...

Nah, its waay too tough for you to install. Better just give it to me. 

*shakes his magic 8-ball: :Magic: "Signs pointing to no."

Air gun, as in, impact? Guess its a good thing the Ms. bought me an air compressor for my birthday. :D Time for more toys...

*shakes his magic 8-ball: :Magic: "Signs pointing to no."

Yeah I agree, that to much in shipping and simply to far for you to drive! I'm local, I'll swing by on my way home from work tomorrow and take it of your hands :D