Brightest fogs

02silverpathy

I enjoy my sylvania silver star lights in my factory fogs, but now i want brighter lights all together...I am thinking about swapping in piaa 85w lights into the factory housing...I have also looked at the ION Yellow lights they offer but they are a lesser wattage....any thoughts??

Does anyone have the yellow lights in their factory fogs?

Also how do you have them aimed? Mine are just under the factory headlight beam...is this correct?

...i have already put the fogs on their own relay and circuit.

I have looked at some Piaa for the front luggage bar on the truck but they are out of my price range for right now...sooooo what do you think??

Thanks guys!

Edited by 98silverpathy

I had the PIAA Ion fog bulbs in my factory lenses...and they were great. A word of warning though...PIAA bulbs typically burn out prematurely because they draw more wattage than they are rated for. When the say 85W, they draw 85W, but are only rated for 55W, or thereabouts. In my experience with PIAA bulbs, they only lasted me about 8 months, but then again, I go through a set of tires in 18-24 months...so...

I say get a set of Hella 500s and mount them directly to the bumper between the headlights...

Like this:

381416_242_full.jpg

I don't think the fogs should be right below the factory headlight beam. I think the fog beam is supposed to be the same height below the stock headlight beam so if you move your car forwards or backwards, the spacing between the headlight and foglight beams should be the same.

But yeah if you want brighter, go with those bumper mounted lights like Dan said. The fogs are mounted low and are meant to project light outward rather than forward so they're not that great at lighting up the road.

Iam running out of room for lights. I have Eurolite xenons for headlights,eurolite for stock fog lights, Little fogs in the bumper, foglights in the grill and 4 on the roof and just ordered hella 500s for the brush guard

post-7-1134529677.ibf

Edited by NastyPathy

Damn, this thread has me all over it.

Hmmm...when I bought my Pathy, I purchased Philips Vision Plus headlamp bulbs. Those look great in the headlamps and have been a good choice. If I were to do it again, other than projectors/HIDs I would have put the OSRAM Silverstars in. However, the Philips are just fine and look pretty stock. If I didn't know they were aftermarket I wouldn't think anything of it.

Now, the same time I bought the Philips I bought the PIAA Ion Crystal lights, the same as Dan had. I installed them June 2005. The light is super cool looking...it looks yellowish green from far away, but if you kneel down in front of the light its even more green. We don't get much fog, and I would say the factory fogs are a purely cosmetic item regardless. I was quite disappointed at the longevity, as the bulbs burned out last month, ironically a day apart. Guess the last one felt really lonely, I don't know.

I did get the PIAAs for $50 a pair at LTB Motorsport somewhere in Florida. It was a good deal at the time, but definitely not being that they don't last. Now I am looking for a better bulb. I kinda found the yellowish hue distracting at night, with the white headlights and yellow fogs, the beam pattern was weird.

You could use Lamin-X over the fogs. I have only heard of this, but it does give off that Lexus yellow look.

vengeful - your pathy looks great on that snowy trail! I had those hella 500s for a few years, pretty good light. One took a rock in Canada this summer so I stepped up to the Hella 4000s, and those are some wicked bright lights! You need a flat bumper to mount them, like a TJM (oops, sorry to rub it in) but the 500s did work really well on the factory bumper.

Whats with the orange safety flags? Is that a park rule? Or is it hunting season ;)

m.

Yeah, thats a rule at Paragon. Gotta have a flag at least 1 foot higher than the highest point of the vehicle.

That picture was taken January 21, 05. Probably the best picture I have that illustrates the front end of my truck. Oh, wait...I've got another one!

paragon_tire.JPG

This one was taken Dec 3rd, 05 at Paragon. Different part of the park. Check out the lifted tire! :aok: