Whats going to break next?

Bob

To make a long story short. I was fixing a friends neon (water pump, timing belt, and head), and she was driving my pathy because she needed a car to get to and from work. She calls me up after having it ONE day and says "is one corner on the pathy sit really low?" I was like one side does sit lower then the other. Anyway she was like okay. She didnt make it seem like it was all that bad. I decide to go take a look at it anyways. I get there to take a look at it and the front driver side is just slammed. There is abot 1/2 a inch between the tire and the wheel well. I start looking at it jack it up in the air. Im under there looking and see that the bolt that comes off the back of the lower contole arm is snapped. So @!*% something else that I have to fix. I get the part at the dealer (complete kit for like $120). Put that in, and im dropping it back onto the ground. It goes right back to the spot when i looked at it the day before. So crap i jack it back up and start looking for other reasons its sitting on the ground. I look at the torson bars, and there is the problem. Some how the torson bar unloaded. So i get the toron bar out and start looking at the socket that it slids into, all the splins are f'ed up in there. Of course everything is closed so the pathy has to sit another night. So I get the part ($53) put it together in 45 min. I Have the driver side torson cranked up all the way and it still sinks alittle. But its on the road and driving good so that is all that matters. I will be changing the other lower contole arm bolt .

Sorry that was no that short.

Bob..

Me being me would ask the friend: "So what were you doing when you noticed that one side was lower? Was there a snap? crackle? Pop?"

When my wife tells me there is something wrong with the subaru thats the 1st question i ask, before i go take a look or test drive.

Fact last night she said she was having acceleration problems, it did not want to go any faster than 45 and she said it was floored..... I go in started it, moved the floormat out of the way and all was good with the subaru.....

Sorry to hear of the troubles dude! Cars can be quite moody sometimes. I'm sure she'll be making ya happy again in no time though.

I go in started it, moved the floormat out of the way and all was good with the subaru.....

LMAO -- Figures.

Bob..

Me being me would ask the friend: "So what were you doing when you noticed that one side was lower? Was there a snap? crackle? Pop?"

When my wife tells me there is something wrong with the subaru thats the 1st question i ask, before i go take a look or test drive.

Fact last night she said she was having acceleration problems, it did not want to go any faster than 45 and she said it was floored..... I go in started it, moved the floormat out of the way and all was good with the subaru.....

Yep, I lost count of the times the wife said the Pathy wouldn't start, so I'd go move the floor mat from under the clutch pedal - fixed another one! Wouldn't it be nice if all life's problems were so simple.

Bob, I'd pull the other torsion bar to see if it was next.

I'd ask her if she curb shot it or went wheeling... ;) I doubt the splines gave up for no reason...

I go in started it, moved the floormat out of the way and all was good with the subaru.....

AHAHAHAHA !! She couldn't tell the petal wasn't going as far as normal ?? LMAO !!

But then one day my Mom calls all agitated and says she can't figure out where to check the automatic transmission fluid like the owners manual says... "Uh. Mom, it's a stick shift. You don't have an automatic transmission" Silence... Well, at least she tried and then called me before going to a mechanic !! :blink::D

B

But then one day my Mom calls all agitated and says she can't figure out where to check the automatic transmission fluid like the owners manual says... "Uh. Mom, it's a stick shift. You don't have an automatic transmission" Silence... Well, at least she tried and then called me before going to a mechanic !!

roflmao..

I'll see your floor mat and raise you a fuel pump. Now my mom is pretty resourceful. But she did have a momentary lapse like all of us do from time to time. She sez my car starts and then just stops. Mind you this is a '74 Buick Century. For you youngens it has a carberator and a mechanical fuel pump driven off a lobe on the camshaft. So anyways my mom's pretty savy and she is adimit it is the fuel pump. OK. So trusting your mother's judgement you replace the fuel pump. All be it the end of November in Nebraska and outside. A couple of hours later Dad and I have the new fule pump in. Crank it over and the same result starts and dies shortly there after. Did this routine a couple of times and I just happened to look at the dash. Son of a _ _ _ _ _, there wasn't any gas in the tank.

Moral of this story, always always check the simple things first. Floor mats, fuel, fuses, and on and on and on.

Ya it's histerical now but I was not a happy camper then.

M