Gas pedal sticks

zonianbrat

:help: Sometimes after i have been cruisin, and i come to a stop at a stop light or sign go proceed to accelerate and the gas pedal wont move until i put alot of pressure on it, then ofcourse i floor it barking the BFG's. Do you guys think it is a dirty throttle body? my gas mileage kinda sucks too. any help is much appreciated.

one other thing i heard high altitude affects gas mileage? i live at 5283ft above sea level in denver area what do you think?

Just curious to find out what happend????

Cleaning the Throtle body and the MAF did wonders for me....

The Altitude is not something that I am overly familiar with but the cleanings should help a little.

:shrug: I will definetely let you guys know what happens. it kinda sucks i have been real busy with work and then i try to spend alot of time with my 5-month old. was hoping to get the work done today but right now it is snowing hard and tonight i am going to an Avalanche hockey game. but all the advice is awesome thanks. let you know soon. GO AVs!

Yes the symptons you describe sound exactly like those of a dirty throttle body.

Altitude is definitely a factor. I've always believe less o2 in the higher altitudges, so car has to compensate by running more fuel/richer for combustion.

I just cleaned my throttle butterfly valve, lots of black gunk in there.

Haven't had it stick since.

Re the Altitude, the ECU should look after the problem and using all the O2 sensor and the Exhaust gas sensor, should compensate the mixture.

When flying in a gas engined aircraft, as you climb, you "LEAN" the mixture, not make it richer.

Cheers

Colin