engine replacement choices

hastifc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can replace your VG30I with lots of different choices.... wrong. Unless you want to change out the computer and the wiring harness you are stuck with a VG30I. You could also change out the intake for the carburator. Now a potential problem with JDM is that you will have to change out compoents also to match ou pathy. A good rebuild kit will run about $650 and takes alot of time. Junk yard motors have the problem in that you do not know what you are getting.

You did not say what the issues were nor did you say auto or 5 speed. These could influence you decision.

1 cyl low on compression, sitting at 100 lbs., and a botched xh stud removal ending in broken drill bit in head with a pierced water jacket. and a leaking rear main, and serious lack of power. the other cyls were sitting around 130-140 lbs. auto, so i need all the power i can get....

Sounds pretty good to me -- Never had to replace an engine myself, but thats only slightly more than an rebuild kit (as listed above) and comes with a warranty.

Of course I'd say spend the money and swap with a 350, but thats just an very expensive option :-)

I am on the verge of ordering it.

I have this thing about seeing it first. Trying to make arrangements for a friend of my from over there to go look at it before I $$$$$. And if they are headed this way I get to save $50.

I will know more on friday... they open on Saturday??? 3.5 hours to get there myself hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....