Nissan’s AllMode System

Trainman

A bit of a rant, don’t mind me. :X

As can be seen from my signature, I have a 02 Pathfinder with the AllMode transfer case. For those who do not know, this system gives 4 “modes”: 2WD, AUTO, 4WD high (locked) and 4WD low (locked). The AUTO mode is essentially AWD, as it shifts power back and forth as the computer deems best for traction. The nice thing about this system is it has the best of all 4WD systems, you can chose just 2WD and save some fuel and mechanical wear and tear; you can choose the AWD mode (very nice this time of year); and when the going gets tough, the system can be locked into 4WD high or low range.

Why o Why does Nissan only offer this system on the top of the line Pathfinder for 2005? :shrug: My Pathy was the bottom of the line model in 02 and it was available then.

And why not in the Xterra at all? :hide: Yes, it is available on the Xtrail, but that is not a suitable vehicle for my line of work (and the Xtrail version does not have the 4WD low range, only high). (Xtrail is a Nissan SUV not available in the US)

I think Nissan is missing a great market by not having this excellent system more widely available. :crazy: I know when it comes time to replace my Pathy, I will be looking for something with a similar system and right now it would not be a Nissan. :angry:

i have this in my '97 qx4. i know i created a post about this before, and questions about the odd redundancy of having a 4hi/4lo shifter as well as a 2wd/auto/4wdlock shifter "knob". i figured that since i had it, other r50's have it...that was until i read the responses to my questions =P if this is what you're talking about...maybe a mod can be made for its use in r50's? here are pictures of my setup.

notice the knob on the bottom left of the center console behind the 4lo/4hi shifter...how redundant is that?!!! ahaha

4wd004.jpg

here's the rpm gauge with the 4wd setting display

knob set to 2wd

4wd005.jpg

knob set to auto

4wd006.jpg

knob set to lock

4wd007.jpg

i have this in my '97 qx4.  i know i created a post about this before, and questions about the odd redundancy of having a 4hi/4lo shifter as well as a 2wd/auto/4wdlock shifter "knob".  i figured that since i had it, other r50's have it...that was until i read the responses to my questions =P  if this is what you're talking about...maybe a mod can be made for its use in r50's?  here are pictures of my setup.

notice the knob on the bottom left of the center console behind the 4lo/4hi shifter...how redundant is that?!!! ahaha

4wd004.jpg

Knob and shifter :shrug:

Here is my knob

116_1664_1.jpg

4 position, have to push and turn for 4low.

Not having the shifter allows me to mount the radio in a nice spot.

• 1 month later...