terrano lhd conversion ?

weight weenie

hi everyone. I recently bought a '90 pathy because I like the size, wheelbase, weight,etc. Then I came across this terrano thing with a quite reputable td27 turbo diesel yielding similar torque but twice the fuel economy. Only thing is, only in rhd (right hand drive, meaning the steering wheel is on the way wrong side if you EVER want to pull out and pass that 5mph dump truck. I've spoken with a few mechanics who think an rhd-lhd conversion might be the better choice since they (terranos) tend to be clean and low-milers. Has anyone attempted this- any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

Only a little easier, I think....Anyway to have a whole truck w/55k kms on it and rust-free are advantages I would prefer to keep if I can. I have a donor truck here for the dash and steering parts, and nissan, unlike toyota, keeps the t-case shifter and front axle offset the same in both markets, so I'm pretty sure it's at least possible , unless we're missing something......

a much easier thing to do which i did for a client.

get a waterproof backup camera. Have someone flush it into the left side mirror housing.

get a small (3.5") screen and flush it into the center vent

Presto, now you can see out that side, turn left and pass that dump truck without spending a fawkin arm and a leg converting it to LHD

Me thinks swaping the engine and drivetrain is going to be a lot easier than a LHD conversion. But if you'v got the money talk to local rice rocket shops. BTW Luker I thought you would be all for this, you know to complete your JDM pathy! :laugh:

Anyway welcome to the board weight weenie! WAVEY