E-Brake light randomly coming on.

1997 Pathfinder: When I first start up my truck and drive in down the road from my house the e-brake light comes on. If I come to a stop it goes away. It wont come on at all during the day when im driving in the city. But on the way back down my road it does it again. Its also done it when I was driving through the field on my other property. Ive giggled the handle but it wont go out I have to come to a complete stop. There is no drag on the truck just the light is on. Has anyone experienced something like this? Its not a problem its just weird :shrug:. (Sorry if I don’t respond soon… hard to get online) :shrug:

That's not just a handbrake light, it's a brake warning light. It probably means that your brake fluid level is low. Get the brakes checked.

Good call 88.

Wonder if Pathfinder_Rookie lives on a hill as it only seems to happen near his home?

drive in down the road from my house the e-brake light comes on. If I come to a stop it goes away. It wont come on at all during the day when im driving in the city. But on the way back down my road it does it again.
If low on fluid could cause the sender to light the dash light when the fluid drops below the proper level.

DO NOT top off your Brake Fluid.

The braking system is designed to have the fluid level drop as the pads wear out as a rough indicator of how much pad life is left. If you do top-off the system, when the pads are changed, you will spill brake fluid all over the place.