Post your Favorite Recipies

Precise1

Here is one I ran acrossd on another site... :lol:

Roof Rabbit

Trap one feral cat, skin (more than one way)

Place field dressed cat into crockpot
chop up some onions, toss them in
add a sprig of rosemary (not the neighbor)
pour in half a cup of bourbon (into yourself too)
add some tomato paste
add several cloves of garlic
cook for seven and a half hours

Serve in the back yard by tossing the whole mess over the neighbor's fence
sit back and enjoy a cigar, cry a little bit, call 911

B

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey B, that's kinda funny. Mainly have dogs here though. Can I substitute dog. The neighbors dog never stops barking :angry: .

How'd the lamb curry turn out? When I eat Indian I always go for the lamb vindaloo. Awesome stuff

I have a neighbor (and dog) that is like that too. I see no reason why the recipe wouldn't work, but I'd probably swap out the rosemary and bourbon with sage, corriander and tequila...

I did a change up, I made 1/2lb burgers out of lean, grass fed beef with home cured bacon and home smoked sharp cheddar because I had some rolls that needed eating. I'm making pork carnitas with tomatillo sauce in the crockpot right now, and will probably cook the lamb currry for tomorrow night. As for how it turns out, let's just say there is a reason I do all of the cooking in the house... ;)

B

Oh my God I had no idea there was so much great information in this thread, my first time in this one. I'm going to come back here for ideas often! I've got a really simple hit and a miss for you guys.

Last night we were cooking ready to bake ribs in the oven for an hour and a half at 375, well around the 25 minutes left mark I just layed about 5 strips of bacon cross-wise on the rack of ribs, it came out good, bacon was nicely cooked and a great garnish for the ribs.

Here's my miss: I've been wanting to try this for a long time, well, I finally did it: Deep Fried Bacon tossed in seasoned flour and dredged in two well beaten eggs and fried up in a skillet with medium hot oil. Believe me, it sounds so much cooler than it really is. It wasn't terrible, my son and I ate all 6 pieces I fried up but it just wasn't that great and not worth the effort, time, mess and ingredients. So, it's the first and last time and I can close that little leaflet and throw it away, and done.

You like bacon? Try this...

5lbs pork belly, hide removed.

1/2 cup salt

1/2 cup brown sugar

(2 tbsp pepper)

(1/4 cup maple sugar substituted)

(a dry pork rub)

2 gallon ziplock bag

Combine ingredients and rub on the pork, both sides.

Carefully place in zip lock bag as not to clog the sealing edges.

Deflate as much as possible and zip shut, date and place in refer, in a shallow pan to deal with leaks.

Flip and massage daily. Do not open, the brine solution drawn out is critical o the curing.

Expect 4 days per inch of thickness, but when the thickest part is firm, it is ready (rarely more than 7 days).

Remove from bag, rinse will and pat dry.

Cook at 200 degrees until 160 degrees in the thickest portion, about 90 minutes.

Cook in a smoker, BBQ with indirect heat, or oven (order of preference).

Let cool, slice/cook or wrap and freeze in portions to cook later.

If the bacon seems salty, thaw/soak it in cold water for 5-10 minutes before frying.

*If you bake it, consider using 1/8 cup smoked salt substituted to get the flavor.

BAM! You have home cured, nitrate free bacon (important for anything that is hard fried) for less than $4/lb. ;)

B