My Poor Baby!

BigBikeMike

Coming home from Price club, going down a resedential street in Richmond, some girl was going to make a U-turn (illegally) pulled out in front of me, and BAM! I slammed into her. I honked the whole time, and slammed on my brakes, but to no avail. I wasn't going to fast, but it still sucked. I was driving, with my roommate in the passenger seat, and hit the girls drivers side door.

No one was hurt (my neck and my rommates neck kinda hurt a little, but nothing big) but as I was hitting her, it was like it was in slow mo but over before it started. Its kinda weird. I was looking at the girls face as her window exploded and I hit her, and felt bad. Eventhough it was her fault, I still hit her, and it felt like it was my fault.

My Pathfinder wasn't hurt too bad (at least not that I can see, I know these things are always worse than they seem) but the drivers door on her Mustang is totally destroyed.

And on top of all that, I sill had my groceries in the back and the chicken thawed out

I called the insurance company, now I get to start the fun of looking around for a body shop, finding a rental car, etc. etc.

The really sucky part is that I have to drive to NC (I live in VA) this weekend for work. I was also gonna go get a job at Papa Johns this week... guess thats not gonna happen either.

This is my visual representation of what happened to explain to my girlfriend

That's sad. Sorry for your Pathy.

It's good that everybody is OK.))

The girl was lucky that you were not going fast or even speeding. I once saw a TV report on a similar accident here in Russia, but the speed was much higher as it happened on a highway. Oh, and the pathy was the WD21 model. The other car was something like that Mustang in size. The result was everybody OK in the pathy and two dead people in the other car. Moreover,the other car was actually torn into two halves by the pathy.

Edited by Terrano

Damn, sorry to hear about that.

I have heard it recommended that you do go to the doctor, just in case, as you may not feel it now, but you may later, when it's too late. Adreneline & crap right... ??

Pathy doesnt look too bad, but I know when I smashed mine up, it was painful to see.

Hope everything turns out ok with insurance, body shop and getting it back soon! :)

Someone else suggested that I get a Bull Bumper....... I wonder how to get Nationwide to pay for that :)

I could be wrong about this - but if you find the right body shop, they will take the $$ that the insurance company would give them to fix the stock bumper, and apply it to ordering you an aftermarket version... ???

OUCH! At least you weren't on the receiving end. I got T-boned like that (on the receiving end) once by someone running a red. I was hurting for a week and half.

Sorry about the pathy. Now it's time to but on that winch bumper! MUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sheit Bud, sorry that happened ! Thats what keeps me slow out there, I dont want to hit anyone but sometimes things happen. As for the damage, that really doesn't look that bad and can be fixed fairly easily. I've spent well over $1500 just for frame work and parts on my front end and neither Q-panel nor hood was touched and it is still not good. :blink:

What really matters is that everyone is OK. Metal can be replaced...

Sorry about the inconvenience, but try get the garage to work the insurance o a bit, bring beer, it helps. ;) I'm sure it'll come back as good as new.

I wish someone did that to me... Then I'd get $ for a new truck !

B

I have heard it recommended that you do go to the doctor, just in case, as you may not feel it now, but you may later, when it's too late. Adreneline & crap right... ??

This is HIGHLY recommended. Even if you think it wasn't that big a deal, you'd be suprised at what your body can deal with through adrenaline situations, as well as what your body can do as far as bracing and tensing up, that can cause injury you don't even suspect. Even a pretty small impact can screw up ones neck and back in the right situation. Anyways, it can't hurt and you might as well cover you bases. Its definately no place to play the tough guy.

Other than that, get your truck fixed, get the girl's #, and hopefully call it a day. :aok:

Glad to see no one was hurt. I think the lucky one in this misshap is the girl driving the mustang for pulling what seems to be a dangerous careless Uturn and for not getting hurt. A vehicle the Pathys size hitting a low sitting car like a mustang on the drivers side could have been a lot worst.

I'd definately try to get part of a bullbar/bumper out of this deal. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Denis

2 Observations:

1. I think it's hilarious that you jumped out and started snapping pictures before offering to help the girl out of the car :P

2. Rich men=hot wives=hot daughters who drive nice cars that their rich dads buy for them. :cool2:

2 Observations:

1. I think it's hilarious that you jumped out and started snapping pictures before offering to help the girl out of the car :P

2. Rich men=hot wives=hot daughters who drive nice cars that their rich dads buy for them. :cool2:

I made sure she was OK before I took pictures. She was just still sitiing in the car.......

Sorry guys, I didnt get any good pictures of her. And no, I havent called her, I am in a very committed relationship, and no matter how good any other girl looks, she could NEVER touch my women, in looks, or personality!

I guess I will have to tide you all over with some pics of the damage. Its not that bad but........ It still hurts me. I have an appointment on Monday to get it looked at.

Sorry Bud, can't really even see what you are asking about... Not that I'd know. While its hard to tell by the picts, the damage doesn't look that bad. I'm guessing $2600. Whats that big plasticy foam look looking thing where your bumper is supposed to be ?? :P

my women

Plural, eh ? Why you sly dog... :D

B

This thing.... What is it for?

$4600?! Thats a bit high I hope! I was thinking like 1500-2000. Not like it matters, because I'm not paying for it :)

And that big plastic thing represents my lack of funds...... Which is why I need to get a job :P