On Board Air Systems...

vengeful

Ok, so I'm starting to be in the market for an On-Board Air system. I'll probably be buying one around Christmas time or shortly thereafter. I just wanted to get a jump on the planning of it.

What I want to see is how you mounted yours. I would like to see pictures of both CO2 and Compressor/tank setups if possible.

Thanks in advance. P...

The main reason I posted it here is because I want to see them set up on R50s specifically. I've seen literally 100s of OBA setups on WD21s, Xterras, Jeeps, Toyotas, etc, etc...but I've only seen one on an R50, and I just want to get some ideas.

I've been using the ARB compressor, but I may eventually replace it with a Superflow MV50 compressor, which has a higher duty cycle and CFM rating, and is also compact enough to squeeze into the space between the steering column and the power steering fluid reservoir. Since it lacks an air tank, it will pair nicely with my sliders, which are plumbed to hold about 2 gallons of air.

arb_04compressormounted.jpgarb_06airhose.jpg

16airvalve.jpg

Edited by XPLORx4

i got a 30 dollar one from schucks cut the cig lighter plug in off and wired it to the batterey, ran my swich to the dash, and mounted the compressor in the storage cubby in the back.. works great its just as fast if not faster than my buddys viair one.. ill take some pics if you want

And the $30 one is great because even when you burn it out (you're not supposed to run those for more than 5 minutes at a time), you just go pick up another for $30.

exactly! who cares if you burn it up...i ran that piece for all 4 tires... atleast 10-15 min nonstop...i can tell it starts goin a bit slower towards the end... but it works!