Decal on switch worn, wonder what it's for

vidro

I have 95 XE, on the floor console I have the back window release button, the security set button, and one more that the decal has semi worn off.

The decal on this switch has three short lines going through a longer line but that's about all I can tell. I thought heated seats but I don't have leather seats plus when I pulled them out there were no wires attached like to a heating element

Any one know what this switch could be for?

Edited by vidro

The rear defrost is on the dashboard isn't it? It's the big button with the squiggly resistor looking icon, right.

I thought "Shock support" but the decal looks nothing like a shock absorber.

It may be irrelevant since it has an on indicator light that doesn't come on regardless of direction the switch is, but I sure like to know what was suppose to be working.

my SE has:

the alarm switch (3 position) w/ little red light

rear hatch release

fog light switch (illuminated)

shock setting (sport/comfort) (illuminated)

The actual switch part on the shock switch is fairly flat and rounded corners like the hatch release. The fog switch is higher with sharp edges

I have headlights,

That's really good, life would be so much more difficult without'em ))))))))))

That switch is for rear glass defroster, I am almost certain. At least in my case that's exactly where this switch is located. It would be nice to look at a photo, though, as I drive a Terrano (with the steering wheel on the right), so the location of buttons and switches may differ.

didnt read the other other posts. but I have heated seats and they arn't leather, so dont rule that out! Also, It takes forever to warm up on mine, so dont rule out the seats just yet. My swtich is also by the parking break.

Furthermore, My rear window defrost toggle is up above my radion on the dash, with 2 other toggles (hazards, and Dash light adjuster)

Edited by derogate

My dash is like that also, rear defrost button on dash next to hazard.

The symbols is similar to what the heated seat decal would look like only because of the tree lines going across a longer line.

When I detailed the interior of the vehicle I pulled the seats, no wires connected to the seats so how would the seat get heated?

Plus these seats are cloth, not vinyl, or leather that would seem like a potential fire hazard.

Vidro, you can get heated cloth seats in the Pathys. I have one. It may have been there before. Maybe a PO removed the heated seat for some reason and replaced it with a non-heated one?

Would the heated seat option come with both seats having the option to be heated?

I noticed when doing the research on this that most configuration for the heated seats showed 2 switches one for driver, one for passenger.

But I have no idea it very well could be heated seats.

I did stair at it harder the other night and to give everybody a better idea it looks like a key with 3 lines going thru it.

The straight line that 3 lines are going thru has a circle attached to it.

Mine's only got one heated seat....only driver's. I think it was available in any configuration. The button you're describing doesn't sound familiar though. I'll have to look at mine more closely to see if I can determine what you mean.

From what is left of the decal I have attached an illistration of what it might have looked like

My bad, WEB site didn't like file type on my first attempt to attach

post-6-1129128681.jpg

Edited by vidro

From what is left of the decal I have attached an illistration of what it might have looked like

My bad, WEB site didn't like file type on my first attempt to attach

oh... ok... that switch activates your 3-legged spiney dog

:-)

No, I think you were right the first time.

I hit the switch, my dog jumped up, ran around the front yard and wound up in the middle of the street. To bad that truck was moving so fast.

Now I need to change the switch decal symbol

post-6-1129136517.jpg

Edited by vidro

SLAP me silly and call me dog Sh@#.

First let me apologize to all of you, you guys were right.

Beings that this vehicle has been in the garage most of my ownership life and the front end has been pushed up to a wall, I never noticed those extra light in the front next to the turn signals.

When individuals mention fog lights I invision the after market kind and the location they are placed on a vehicle, roof tops, hanging off the bumper, that kind of stuff.

Yes, this thing does have fogs and yes that looks to be the button to turn them on.

I haven't tried to turn them on since I'm in the middle of yanking off the head and the battery is disconnected. I'm sure some day I'll be able to try it.

Edited by vidro