Options for Coil Springs/shocks and struts? ..

IndianRider

hi all ..

got a 96 se, 4x4 with 111 k miles.. feels like the truck wobbels a lot in turns and swings side to side.. still got the stock struts and shocks..

ive searched but couldnt find anything except that everyone is using EMU, KYB, Blistein, Rancho shocks etc..etc.. all way too expensive for me..

I dont do offroading at all .. so all im looking for some decent cheap coils for the street.. i want a firmer ride than the stock saggy ride and reduce body roll/sway ..

any suggestions for cheaper alternatives ?

also, im planning to get the cheapest front struts and rear shocks from autozone .. front gabriel struts for $49/ piece and $21/ piece for gabriels rear shocks .. i just want something better than the saggy stock ones..

aslo do i need to replace the front coils at 117k ? if so any suggestions on cheap but decent coil springs for front and rear..

thanks ..

You are going to be hard pressed to find "cheap but decent" coils for our trucks. There is limited aftermarket support so what you see on these boards is what's available. Basically you can replace with stock nissan again, OME or AC coils. Replacing with stock nissan would restore your ride height to normal/eliminate the sag. I, however, do not know how much those cost. The wobbling you talk about it probably from your rear control arm bushings (do a search for this) and its a little bigger problem than the coils. Anyone else want to chime in?

Well I guess it all depends on what you are willing to spend. I got my KYB GR-2 struts from tirerack.com for $57 a piece...so that would be an $8 difference but the strut is STIFF as a mofo! party09.gif

If you're looking for cheap coils, you may find coils from a pathfinder 96 on up. Chances are you may find some from a pathy with far less miles than you. That may be an option.

Maybe someone will chime in about the gabriel's.

Edited by DJ Dank

• 6 months later...

vengeful,

i cant beleive i missed ur reply to this thread ..id love to have ur coils .. 40K on them doesnt look like a lot ..i got 120 now on the stock ones and the pathy rocks and rolls all over .. please let me pay the shipping .. i really appreciate it ..

my email is : drvijay007@hotmail.com thanks .. :rolleyes: