TD2.7 on ebay

DJ Dank

Damn, thats tempting, but the motor in my Pathy only has 115k on it and runs perfect... :shrug: I'd be concerned about parts availability and finding a mechanic who knows them. Just isn't worth the $3500 to me right now. Hey Red, you interested ? :D

B

Step up??

Set side ways possibly.

It produces less power than the VG30, but you know that, as its a diesel right??

650 K's on a long trip to a tank thats the same size as your pathfinders

450 easily round town.

Biggest bonus is the relativly trouble free nature of a diesel if oil and coolent kept up to scratch.

I imagine first impressions would be a slow sluggish engine with no accelleration.

But Nissan diesels are designed like that, they go the distance.

If ya want performance, stick with the VG30!!

For antything else, go with the TD27 ;)

Damn, thats tempting, but the motor in my Pathy only has 115k on it and runs perfect... :shrug: I'd be concerned about parts availability and finding a mechanic who knows them. Just isn't worth the $3500 to me right now. Hey Red, you interested ? :D

B

Although nice, if I had 3.5K in my wallet for an engine right now, I would have had a new VG30 (or Chev/Ford V6/8) sitting in my truck right after the crank tweaked on me. ;)

TD2.7 rulez! It is my second pathy with TD27. It is totally awesome. Yes, there is no acceleration, especially with automatic transmission. It is a lot more lively with a mechanical one. But you get used to it.

The important thing is that this engine is... well, eternal)) They are called "millionaires" here in Russia (the translation is rough, the meaning is that these engines can run 1 million km )) A poetic exaggeration, of course. but not a huge one.

Concerning money, I spend as much of them little paper sheets as used to when driving a Vitara, although pathy has better appetite. Maybe I even spend less, while it has 30% worse mpg than 1.6L gasoline Vitara.

Well, as I mostly drive in the city, I would still prefer a VG30. Better acceleration and stuff )) But when I think how much it would cost me to feed it... I like my diesel more and more.