What I did for rear speakers

SteveWA

Built this box to house the rear speakers since my path had no rear stockers. Then made bracket on the bottom of the box, and using the stock tie down points used a large cable ties to hold it down. Not much theft protection but that wasn't my original intention. Just wanted to keep it in place. The wires on the top of the box are now under the rear passenger seat. They are bullet type connectors so I can unhook them quickly, cut the cable ties, and remove the rear speakers should and when I'll need to fold the rear seats forward and use all the rear cargo area. Plus there's some room under the box to store a few things like my shackles and the snatch strap which is in the bag in the pic.

path4.jpg

path5.jpg

Edited by SteveWA

No rear speakers?!?! That's strange! I like your box, and the fact that it's removeable.

Are you sure the rear speakers aren't up in the roof? That's where they are on my 95.

:shrug:

No trust me there are no speakers in the back. It might be an Australian spec'd Pathy thing. All I have is front door speakers and they suck! I'm just waiting on the new Head Unit I ordered to arrive then I can see how well the replacement front speakers and the rear Pioneer 220W ones perform. Just have to wait and see if I should put ports in the rear box I made.

Strange...... The "australian-spec thing" makes sense, because as far as I know every U.S or Canadian model 94-95 had the roof speakers.

Anyways. Good job on the box!!! :clap:

Rear speakers on mine are in the sides by the back seats. Another Nissan rear speaker option was to use some plastic enclosures in the very rear by the rear wheelwells to house speakers.

Personally, I never have really liked the rear speakers so close to me. I'm planning on adding a pair of 3" midrange tweeters to the very rearmost vertical panels for more surround sound effect. :D

I would DIE without my speakers.. and no rear speakers seems really odd... maybe PO took them out and never replaced them perhaps?

No there is not even a spot for them. Trust me it never had any from the factory, not even an empty spot.

over here downunder, we mostly listen to american music. depends on spec level.

st's only had speakers in the front doors. cass/radio player. the ti had cass/radio and cd player.speakers in front and rear speakers in the roof in the rear.

Edited by pathy1

Well at least I know I have an ST now. When I rang for my insurance they asked and I had no idea, so I guessed ST. What other difference between them? I have power windows too or was that standard? Cloth seats too.

Anyway put a new MP3 capable head unit in on Monday and it sounds good!

My Pathy is a Jap inport, the rear speakers are in pod over the rear cargo area. The problem I faced was that the stock speakers were a strange size, so out with the cut off wheel and in with new 6x9's!!

And yer can with crappy front door mounted speakers too, they good the biff and 6x9's mounted there to.

Grego

Yeah there's not alot of local talent, just watch Australian Idol and you'll see that! Most Aussie bands that make it, really make it and end up in the US anyway. Like AC/DC for example.

aw c'mon now...there's plenty of local talent...just depends what kind of music your into.

Grinspoon, bodyjar, 28 days, frenzal rhomb, machine gun fellatio, pete murray, john butler, 1200 hundred techniques, hill top hoods...

Plenty of quality groups to cater for all different tastses in the land of Oz...Maybe your just not looking in the right spots?? ;)