TrailChaser

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BRAVO abomb!!!

(you just photoshopped that shot didnt you - they dont really exist!!) hehehe :)

Yea, aren’t the levers on the wrong side? And I do not see any pedals! Where is the clutch pedal (and the brake and gas)? :lol:

Seriously, good photo. I tried to find one from reviews but could not. Good job. Let us hope the no manual on R50 is now laid to rest.

Let us hope the NORTH AMERICAN no manual on R50 is now laid to rest.

*edit*

The original quote ( Oh, I almost forgot. Can't get a manual R50? Upgrade???? ) , implied NO R50's could be had with a manual regardless of the area sold.

Hey, I am an auditor :hide: (environmental/forestry practices), what do you expect? Something that makes sense? :P

Yea, aren’t the levers on the wrong side?  And I do not see any pedals!  Where is the clutch pedal (and the brake and gas)?  :lol:

Seriously, good photo.  I tried to find one from reviews but could not.  Good job.  Let us hope the no manual on R50 is now laid to rest.

I guess you both caught me. I photochopped the dash of my Pathfinder onto the floor and console of a manual vehicle! sly So my only mistake was choosing a vehicle that didn't have any foot pedals?

*snicker* ;)

Dammit V6, you get another diesel option we dont ? I really wonder why that is...

B

Not another B. None of the R50's here were diesel as far as I am aware. FACT! None here have ever had a manual gearbox either. The new model is optioned with a TD and 6 speed. The new model in petrol still doesn't offer a maunaul gearbox. Looks like the USA has followed the Aussies on that score. You guys still might consider the R50 as an off roader because you had (past tense) a manual option as rare to get as they are. They are only deemed to be tourers here. Surely the latest offering can not be regarded as an off roader or even a soft roader by the 'die hards' here any more. At least the old model had a live axle in the rear wich could get some articulation. Are there any getting around with a SAS?

Given that the Landcruiser is now changing over to the cursed torsion bar IFS system, Nissan with the Patrol are rumoured to be going the same way, it will not be long before there aren't any 'real' 4wds being made anymore. Not that 'any' Pathfinder really was a true 4wd.

Not that 'any' Pathfinder really was a true 4wd

I guess you are saying that a true 4x4 has solid axles only ? While IFS has it's weaknesses, it doesn't make a vehicle incapable. That said, I'm waiting for the Calmini SAS kit, mainly because fixing the frame ear and replacing all the worn components will cost at least 50-75% of the conversion. You said you have coils on all four, how did you set it up ?

B

I guess you are saying that a true 4x4 has solid axles only ? While IFS has it's weaknesses, it doesn't make a vehicle incapable. That said, I'm waiting for the Calmini SAS kit, mainly because fixing the frame ear and replacing all the worn components will cost at least 50-75% of the conversion. You said you have coils on all four, how did you set it up ?

B

I have been passing on close up shots to Exodus. But this is a reply I gave to Exodus after a question he asked.

The axle disc to disc is MQ/MK.

The axle was stripped of all MQ/MK lugs and blocks etc. The two ends were then taken out of the pumkin and swapped so the pumkin now sits on the LH side, not the right. That was a very big job and is why I suggest if you want to do a live axle swap, get it from a jeep. There is no mucking about with them as the pumkin is already on the LH side. All of the suspension and radius arms are GQ. The springs are Toyota Bumbera. The axle was dressed to recieve coils using the GQ spring base. The steering (drag link) is aftermarket and can be purchased from Cheezy or anyother 4wd outlet that modifies 4wds. I am not 100% sure what the panhard is off.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Do not hesitate to ask me anything at all.

Pretty much just mindless ramblings by deranged people...  :D

I had to split it off of some poor guy's thread who had an honest question.

Ranters will be ravers I guess...  :P

B

No argument from me! :wacko:

I just hope we did not scare Miguel away. :shrug:

Thanks Trainman... Sheesh, I took time out of my life to split it off, and when I poke fun, I get crapped on. Lotta fun, it is !!

Pretty much just mindless ramblings by deranged people...  :D

Thats not name calling, and note the smilie ?? It's describing, classifying, and/or my personal opinion. Have a nice day. :D

:beer:

B

An official apology to Precise1, NPORA Moderator

Dear Precise1,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for saving Miguel's Xterra thread from the rantings and runnings on that occurred not long after he started the thread. I admit I was part of this tomfoolery, and should have known better, but I felt my peace had to be said. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to split the topic off, and for saving Miguel's thread.

On that note, I also would like to apologize for trying to evoke humour in my sarcasm by my comments yesterday. It is wrong for me to assume you understand my odd sense of humour. I made an assumption that for a moment you were just like the rest of us NPORA slaves, and that we could kid around about who might be a deranged individual. I in no way meant it to be a personal attack or an insult. I am sorry that I have crossed this moderator/non-moderator line.

I hope that we can continue to post in the same forum peacefully.

Sincerely, Pezzy.