R50 lift arguement

TrailChaser

Excuuuuuuse me! What would you call the R50 then?

Monocoque? Upgrade?????

Struts on a 4wd? Upgrade?????

The demensions of a bus? Upgrade?????

Can anyone get a better than a 4" lift on a R50? Upgrade??? (can you even get a 4" lift?)

Be carefull when you snatch one. You might just twist the body if you don't snatch from two points! Upgrade?????

The new Pathfinders are soft roaders, not off roaders. The X's have far more incommon with the old Pathies than the new Pathfiners ever will. Give me a leaf spring over a strut any day.

:o

I couldn't agree with you more... That's why I was ONLY looking for a 93-95 when I bought my 2nd 95... I wouldn't have bought a R50 if it was the only thing avalible, I'd have gone with a Xterra... I'm not really knocking the X. It's just that sooo many people watch the commercials on TV or whatever and get this mindset about the Xterras being the only capable offroad suv that nissan makes or has ever made. Or if nuthin else they think the Xterra's are "better" than the older Pathfinders in offroad situations.

No hard feelings mate. :beer:

Edited by TrailChaser

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o

I couldn't agree with you more... That's why I was ONLY looking for a 93-95 when I bought my 2nd 95... I wouldn't have bought a R50 if it was the only thing avalible, I'd have gone with a Xterra... I'm not really knocking the X. It's just that sooo many people watch the commercials on TV or whatever and get this mindset about the Xterras being the only capable offroad suv that nissan makes or has ever made. Or if nuthin else they think the Xterra's are "better" than the older Pathfinders in offroad situations.

No hard feelings mate. :beer:

I am only sh!t stirring you. :beer: I hate the X's, there bloody ugly.

Am I reading this right ? ALL R50's have automagic trannys ? :oops:

Tally Ho, and off to the mall we go !! :blink:

B

No, at least not in Canada. All R50's could be ordered with a 5 speed manual or auto. But if you get the manual, you could not get the All Mode transfer case :( .

Can anyone get a better than a 4" lift on a R50? Upgrade??? (can you even get a 4" lift?)

Ever hear of L&P? They make a 6" lift...try paying attention.

Oh, I almost forgot. Can't get a manual R50? Upgrade????

NO, NO, NO, AND NO! They were about 50/50 automatic/manual

NO, NO, NO, AND NO!  They were about 50/50 automatic/manual

Dealers here in Western Canada call the manual "rare" in their ads but they are available, even as late as an 04.

Now the 05's, that is different! No manual? That is supposed to be an “improvement” on the R50s? :shrug: Even with the separate frame/body?

Posted here.

Not that anyone in Australia could use such a method of lifting legally.

http://www.pcoa.org.au/forum/modules.php?n...iewtopic&t=1112

Looking further into that L&P site suggests that they may not have a lift kit for the R50 at all. I checked out the forum and the 3" lift is not available because they lost their test car. I got to thinking that if the 3" is not yet ready how on earth could the 6" be.

Anyone got any pics of a R50 Pathy with a 6" lift to prove that it actually exists?

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

I would need to see it to believe it.

Just to back up Pezzy and show I am not blowing smoke:

"2002 NISSAN PATHFINDER CHILKOOT, 4 dr, 4wd, V6, 3.5L, 5 spd, 67900 kms 250hp Chilkoot Edition, In-dash CD changer, power windows, locks, ABS, A/C, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Theft...Amazing reliability...Call taday, rare manual transmission...Was $23533...Now... $21500. Stk# NP2083."

Link

Need more? :)

Anyone got any pics of a R50 Pathy with a 6" lift to prove that it actually exists?

I dont know of any over here - but there are a few in Japan.

For the life of me - I cant find a single stinking link!!!

Anywho - I have no idea how they do it - or for that matter how useful/practical/safe they are...

Edited by Pezzy

mem2801.jpg

Here's the page with a ton of Japanese R50's and WD21's.

Japanese Pathy's

Here are a couple of standouts that I like.

http://www3.coara.or.jp/~takenao/member/mem28.htm

http://www3.coara.or.jp/~takenao/member/mem23.htm

http://www3.coara.or.jp/~takenao/member/mem34.htm

http://www3.coara.or.jp/~takenao/member/mem30.htm

Awesome links DJ, thanks! :clap:

Just to back up Pezzy and show I am not blowing smoke:

"2002 NISSAN PATHFINDER CHILKOOT, 4 dr, 4wd, V6, 3.5L, 5 spd, 67900 kms 250hp Chilkoot Edition, In-dash CD changer, power windows, locks, ABS, A/C, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Theft...Amazing reliability...Call taday, rare manual transmission...Was $23533...Now... $21500. Stk# NP2083."

Link

Need more? :)

This is an excert from a review.......

Nissan broke the mould with the R50 Pathfinder by using the unitary body chassis construction that was once reserved for passenger cars.

That meant a much stiffer base on which to build an agile, responsive handling package, and increased primary safety.

It also brought more style to the class.

The Pathfinder was a sharp- looking wagon with clean lines, toughened up with some aggressive wheel-arch flares on the luxury Ti model.

Under the skin lay MacPherson strut front suspension, and a five-link live axle at the rear.

Steering was by power-assisted rack and pinion, and brakes were disc front and drum rear, with ABS for added safety on the Ti.

For power the Pathfinder relied on a 3.3-litre single overhead camshaft V6 with two valves a cylinder.

Power peaked at 125kW at 4800 revs, torque was tops at 266Nm at 2800 revs, nice and low for offroad use.

Unusually for a 4WD wagon, Nissan offered the Pathfinder with a four-speed auto trans only. There was no manual gearbox available.

The full artical can be found here.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:xuXsq...lient=firefox-a

This is an excert from a review.......

Nissan broke the mould with the R50 Pathfinder by using the unitary body chassis construction that was once reserved for passenger cars.

That meant a much stiffer base on which to build an agile, responsive handling package, and increased primary safety.

It also brought more style to the class.

The Pathfinder was a sharp- looking wagon with clean lines, toughened up with some aggressive wheel-arch flares on the luxury Ti model.

Under the skin lay MacPherson strut front suspension, and a five-link live axle at the rear.

Steering was by power-assisted rack and pinion, and brakes were disc front and drum rear, with ABS for added safety on the Ti.

For power the Pathfinder relied on a 3.3-litre single overhead camshaft V6 with two valves a cylinder.

Power peaked at 125kW at 4800 revs, torque was tops at 266Nm at 2800 revs, nice and low for offroad use.

Unusually for a 4WD wagon, Nissan offered the Pathfinder with a four-speed auto trans only. There was no manual gearbox available.

The full artical can be found here.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:xuXsq...lient=firefox-a

DId you get the review from Car and Driver? :rolleyes: