Snorkel

Guest rexer@khainata.com

meaning what??

His truck is about use, not looks... it's not a off-road fashion parade.

I'm not saying I'd do it to my truck (typical girl here - I want my truck pretty!)... but it's an option if you're willing.

I suppose your right. If that's the case then I just don't know why they bother to take all that time and effort at all to do a homemade snorkle. Why they just don't use duct tape for the joins, a hammer for the penetration and a nail gun to hold it all in place is truely beyond me. Could you please enlighten me as to why they don't do it like that then?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I need to enlighten you - well, lets be honest - chances are I can't enlighten you here... I've already read your homemade snorkel rants... But seeing as it's not your truck, its someone elses - let them do as they please - their life to live, their truck to drive - right? We're all entitled to our opinions & choices. :)

I dont think I need to enlighten you - well, lets be honest - chances are I can't enlighten you here... I've already read your homemade snorkel rants... But seeing as it's not your truck, its someone elses - let them do as they please - their life to live, their truck to drive - right? We're all entitled to our opinions & choices. :)

Yes, thats why I don't bother to bag the subject matter anymore.

"Rants" is a bit harsh. I would prefer you say thruths. I think that is a little more honest don't you?

I would prefer you say thruths

Thats the thing V6. Certain truths are recognized as facts, ie. humans require oxygen to survive. Then there are subjective truths, more theorys or opinions which vary depending on perspective or person, ie the sea is blue, no green, no gray...

It's like the 5 blind men who encounter an elephant and try to describe it.

1 feels a leg and said "it is like a tree"

1 feels its side and says "it is like a wall"

1 grabs its tail and says "it is like a vine"

1 finds its ear and says "it is like a fan"

1 encounters the trunk and says "it is like a giant serpent"

Are they all right or all wrong ?

Remember that your perspective is right in your circumstance and to respect others perspectives because collectively we may be able to gain a better understanding. We all see things differently, eh mate ?

B

Thats the thing V6. Certain truths are recognized as facts, ie. humans require oxygen to survive. Then there are subjective truths, more theorys or opinions which vary depending on perspective or person, ie the sea is blue, no green, no gray...

It's like the 5 blind men who encounter an elephant and try to describe it.

1 feels a leg and said "it is like a tree"

1 feels its side and says "it is like a wall"

1 grabs its tail and says "it is like a vine"

1 finds its ear and says "it is like a fan"

1 encounters the trunk and says "it is like a giant serpent"

Are they all right or all wrong ?

Remember that your perspective is right in your circumstance and to respect others perspectives because collectively we may be able to gain a better understanding. We all see things differently, eh mate ?

B

Yes B, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That can not be denied. Still, a spade is a spade, not a shovel. :D

Currently, neither Safari nor TJM produces a snorkel specifically for the R50s. However, I am in the process of testing one that appears like it would work very well. I will provide details later.

And V6...why must you beat the horse?...he's long been dead! :P

DSCF2806.JPG

Looks to me like, if you actually followed the link provided, you'd have figured that out yourself.  :type:

I thought this was the X files. I know the truth is out there. I could not find it with the link. They were all saying how good it looked. :shrug:

Now who's flogging the dead horse?

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

I don't know what it is, but it looks like piping from a shop vac. :crazy:

I applaud his effort, and ingenuity, but I'm with Pezzy; it'd never be on my truck.

Kieth fabricated his own 4" lift for it.

He fabricated custom front and rear bumpers and a rear swing away tire carrier.

The snorkel was made from a thin walled PE pipe. Heated and angled to fit (sort of).

I never said his snorkel was pretty, in fact, I think it looks awful, but it works, exceptionally well. There is no denying that fact.

Which would you rather have...a truck with a goofy snorkel that survives the flood, or a "pretty" truck with a "hydrolocked"* motor? I'd rather have my truck run.

I'm missing one of my interior panels because it got a big hole punched in it from a piece of pipe I was carrying in the back when I had to make an emergency maneuver on the road. Nobody complains, nobody even asks.

I've got holes in my fenders from the flares, nobody cares, nobody asks, nobody complains. Nobody says that my truck is a POS because it's not perfect. In fact, everyone who I've ever encountered has said it's: "Badass, really nice, beasty, kickass, or amazing." Sure, it won't win NOPI, but what the hell do I care? I USE my truck. If you wanna put armor all and tire shine on your "off-road" rig, go right ahead, the rest of us will just laugh at you all the way down the trails. :lol:

Which would you rather have...a truck with a goofy snorkel that survives the flood, or a "pretty" truck with a "hydrolocked"* motor? I'd rather have my truck run.

Well, thats exactly the point...

For now I have a pretty truck that takes the high road whenever possible. B)

I've managed, and believe me, if I knew how I made it through, I'd tell you, but I've managed to get my pathy, with an open element filter, no less, through water up to 3" below the side windows. Scared the living crap out of me, and I was praying to the Pathy Gods that they would let me through the water unscathed...and they did.

But, I also vowed to never try that again until I got a snorkel. And I'll be damned if I'm not going to get one and go for that water again! -thnkboutit-

I never said his snorkel was pretty, in fact, I think it looks awful, but it works, exceptionally well. There is no denying that fact.

How does it seperate water coming in from the top and stop it water logging his air filter and reaching the motor? There is no top hat on the setup. The top hat is what seperates the water and it is a vital roll.