Snorkel

Guest rexer@khainata.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rexer@khainata.com

Thanks for your tips, i can't buy one because delivered in my country up to $450, to much or not? :sniff:

Bob

Im pretty Sure Safari Snorkel's makes one that would fit a Pathy. I took a look at their Web site a little while ago and you can shop by vehicle model. Don't have their home Web URL handy but look up Safari Snorkel and Australia. No Idea how much it would cost for delivery but they sell for about $350 or so.

Dowser

Im pretty Sure Safari Snorkel's makes one that would fit a Pathy. I took a look at their Web site a little while ago and you can shop by vehicle model. Don't have their home Web URL handy but look up Safari Snorkel and Australia. No Idea how much it would cost for delivery but they sell for about $350 or so.

Dowser

I pretty sure they don't. Look again and see if you can get one for a R50 Pathy.

I believe the point here is that he wants to try to MAKE a snorkel for his R50.

Robert, I don't anyone here has made a snorkel for their their R50. A few have done it for the WD21 so you may be able to borrow some of their ideas and adapt them to your own truck. I don't know the R50's well so I;m not much help. If you are handy with tools and mildly clever, I'm sure you could figure out an acceptable one. Let me dig around and see if I can find you some links for ideas.

B

Robert, here is some info to get you started...

http://www.jimbennett.net/home_made_snorkel.htm

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...4022&hl=snorkel

ibstillaweiner made this one receintly, you can PM him for info...

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...5663&hl=snorkel

Again, I don't know your air box configuration or what room there is under the fender on a R50. Keep us updates on what you do and take some pictures please, I'm sure some people will be interested in a write up. Thanks and good luck Robert.

B

I believe the point here is that he wants to try to MAKE a snorkel for his R50.

Robert, I don't anyone here has made a snorkel for their their R50. A few have done it for the WD21 so you may be able to borrow some of their ideas and adapt them to your own truck. I don't know the R50's well so I;m not much help. If you are handy with tools and mildly clever, I'm sure you could figure out an acceptable one. Let me dig around and see if I can find you some links for ideas.

B

My point B is that he has no other choise but to make one. He certainly can't buy one if they don't exist.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

Yes V6, exactly ! For some reason I thought a snorkel was available, but I'm certainly not sure, and as I dont own a R50, I'm not going to try to look.

As long as Robert does some research, I'm sure that he will be able to do a nice job. It is not that hard to do; making it look decent is...

I've been teaching myself how to form UHMW Polyethylene sheets into skid plates. Same thing really... Some time, effort, learning curve and a finished product. I look forward to seeing what he does !

B

Now find one for the R50... apoke.gif

I found one. A guy on TexasNissanTrucks.com has a homemade snorkle on his R50... He's the "Chief Technical Officer" of the club. screenname: system-f

I'll see if I can find any pics of what he did with his... I haven't seen his truck I've just heard a couple different people mention something about it...

I'll look into it. 4ya tho.

I found one. A guy on TexasNissanTrucks.com has a homemade snorkle on his R50... He's the "Chief Technical Officer" of the club. screenname: system-f

I'll see if I can find any pics of what he did with his... I haven't seen his truck I've just heard a couple different people mention something about it...

I'll look into it. 4ya tho.

Did they lie about it or tell the truth?

How much was that R50 worth?

meaning what??

His truck is about use, not looks... it's not a off-road fashion parade.

I'm not saying I'd do it to my truck (typical girl here - I want my truck pretty!)... but it's an option if you're willing.