Wheels

MrGame

What would be a nice set of durable wheels that won't bend and won't upset the ride of the truck and won't break the bank too bad? I'm looking for something close to $100 a wheel, in 16x7 size (hopefully that will work with stock sized tires since they're 16x7). Any recommendations?

Edit: also, i'm looking for something either powder coated or at least clear coated, they salt the roads like crazy in NJ in the winter

Edited by MrGame

Chances are that the tires you got will fit on an 8"-wide wheel, too. Tires usually have a recommended range of wheel widths, such as 7"-8.5", 8"-10", etc. The only difference will be what size tire you can fit on the wheel in the future. A 7" wheel will likely not accomodate tires much larger than a 265/75R16. The benefit of getting an 8" wide wheel is that the offset makes the wheels stick out beyond the body a bit more, making the truck appear "tougher". Many 7" wheels don't have offsets that will achieve the same appearance. Then again, 8" wheels will be more expensive, too.

Just my .02.

Edited by XPLORx4

Well, if you have a 265mm tire, an 8" wheel is optimal, as is a 7'' wheel with a 245mm tire. My buddy has a 2001 GMC Sierra with 285/75 Dueler ATs on the 6.5" factory rim. The tire shop could barely do it, but nothing abnormal is noticeable, it just has a minimal affect on steering feel.