Another homemade snorkel

GrimGreg

I'll beat him to it. :oops:

This is just a thought, so feel free to slam it...Has anyone considered the idea of running it on the inside? I haven't researched the complications, but it seems like you could punch a hole in the appropriate place and run it on the inside of the A-pillar and out the roof with a rear-facing scoop (like from a turbo 300zx). You could remove the windshield and gain access to the dash in order to plumb the snorkle. Since it's on the inside and protected, you could use a hose from a wet-vac or something instead of non-plyable pipe and visibility wouldn't be any more of an issue than if you installed a roll cage.

I am being baited!

I am doing my best to resist. Trying! Tryi..... Tryin......... Try...........T.............

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was going through their mind? Is that not the most horrid thing you have ever seen? Where's the tap? The drains there but the tap is missing. I seriously can not begin to say how stupid that looks. Words can not explain my thoughts on that. Well they can, but it's not words we want to hear.

I'll beat him to it. :oops:

This is just a thought, so feel free to slam it...Has anyone considered the idea of running it on the inside? I haven't researched the complications, but it seems like you could punch a hole in the appropriate place and run it on the inside of the A-pillar and out the roof with a rear-facing scoop (like from a turbo 300zx). You could remove the windshield and gain access to the dash in order to plumb the snorkle. Since it's on the inside and protected, you could use a hose from a wet-vac or something instead of non-plyable pipe and visibility wouldn't be any more of an issue than if you installed a roll cage.

I will not touch this one at all. I would not know where to begin. Did you give any thought to what you just suggested at all? :crazy:

I will not touch this one at all. I would not know where to begin. Did you give any thought to what you just suggested at all? 
Very little. As I said, it was just a thought. What are your thoughts other than probably being more trouble than its worth? You have to admit it would at least LOOK better than these others (as long as you used something better than a wet-vac hose). Edited by jj big shoe

Seems like he didn't need to cut the top part out by the windshield... :shrug: I'm curious what is securing it to the A pillar ? That must rattle or flop a bit when driving. Hey, if it works, it works. I'd prefer something 'cleaner' looking, but it's his truck to do with as he pleases.

B

There is not enough space in the A-pillar for any kind of snorkel for the volume of air needed for the engine.

Correct. The plan would call for removal of the trim piece and fabbing up something that would run along the face of the A-pillar, not inside it.

who cares what it looks like, if its going to save him/me from a hydro locked engine or a blown rod screw it, and if your worried about the resale value go the the freaking junkyard and buy one, they cost 39 dollars here, thats alot less than a 200+ dollar snorkel

Guest pathy91

Newbie or not, he created it out of neccesity. Isn't that the mother on invention? P... He had alrady hydrolocked the motor and had to be towed 150 miles home. I applaud his low cost efforts. He has little funds and will do whatever neccesary to get back out there and Wheel his Pathy. Maybe some of you "Thousand Post Veterans" can think back to the day when you felt like that!

I posted a reply GG. You didn't tell me he also hacked into his inner guard support too. You have to question peoples stupidity. The section he cut out is there for a reason. I wander if he will post again when all of his spot welds break and the front of the car moves independantly of the body. Wanders never cease to amaze me.

ok i will back myself up here, :angry: first off, quit doggin my intellegence, i hope youre at uharrie, and say that kind of stuff to my FACE! i made the snorkel to keep from hydrolocking my motor, second, im not done, dumbass, its lilke you spoke too soon,, haha ive been welding for over 10 years and getting my master weldors whatever you dont care, but i asure you those little spot welds will be reinforced when IM FINISHED! man you're such a critic, and id hate to be an asshole but dude shut up! i like it, so quite doggin me or im a dogg you about 8 inches in the ground, if i ever see ya... damn, its like i have to threaten someone to keep my ground, and believe me, being 82nd airborne, airassult, paratrooper, us army vet, and a kick you ass country kid, ill do it!

i dare you. but no need to be obserd, im kool, just stop the insults everyone knows your truck is obsolete, and youre obviously the engineer behind nissan pathfinder's designs, and all that crap, lol man i wish you were here in person, cause id have fun with you.. -thnkboutit-

Edited by ibstillaweiner

ok  i will back myself up here,  :angry:    first off, quit doggin my intellegence,  i hope youre at uharrie, and say that kind of stuff to my FACE!      i made the snorkel to keep from hydrolocking my motor,  second,  im not done,  dumbass,  its lilke you spoke too soon,, haha  ive been welding for over 10 years and getting my master weldors whatever you dont care,  but i asure you  those little spot welds will be reinforced when IM FINISHED!    man  you're such a critic,  and id hate to be an asshole but dude shut up!  i like it,  so quite doggin me or im a dogg you about 8 inches in the ground, if i ever see ya...  damn,  its like i have to threaten someone to keep my ground, and believe me,  being 82nd airborne, airassult,  paratrooper, us army vet, and a kick you ass country kid,  ill do it! 

i dare you.  but no need to be obserd,  im kool,  just stop the insults  everyone knows your truck is obsolete,  and youre obviously the engineer behind nissan pathfinder's designs,  and all that crap,  lol  man i wish you were here in person, cause id have fun with you..  -thnkboutit-

This is what he wrote to me. Talk about taking it personally. I don't know what half the sh!t is he is talking about.

well all i have to say is dont reply to posts please. or i can be a **** adn say shut the $#&% up dude. ill do whatever i want, and for your infor, i like it. i dont care what you think, so keep that kind of opinion off this and my board, by the way, wheres all your fabrication work, haha been a fabricator for 10 years, not even good yet, i have lots to learn, i am good at what i do but, i left that attituse you have, in kindergarden

oh yeah, please have more respect for fellow veteran soldiers ok, i really dont like people that have a prejiduce outlook on others, you dont even know... thanks for your concren though.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

Play nice guys. One guy made a snorkel. One guy doesn't like it. No need for personal attacks either way. If you don't like the snorkel, say you don't like the snorkel. Don't attack the guy's intelligence for it. If you're defending your snorkel, defend it. Don't call the guy criticizing it an a-hole. C'mon boys.....that's grade school sh!t. Time to grow up, and talk like adults.