Path's not well.

RedPath88

Thanks k9sar.... but it looks like things are a bit worse that just the key...

Here's another bad pic, but I think you get the idea (I outlined the problems, Timing keyway is the worst)

:::Huge Sigh:::

Crankshaft_Damage.JPG

Oh, CHRIST. It broke the keys out of the crank. I'm sorry, man. That really sucks. I guess you can pull the heads and check to see if any valves got bent. If not (unlikely), you could still sell those or keep them as spares.

Yeah its time to start exploring options...

Somewhere in this forum or WD21 is a topic about what cars the VG30 is in.

I need to narrow it down to the models and years that an interchangeable VG30 is in. I and E block/heads interchange? (ie just swap intake?)

Edited by RedPath88

what the heck put enough torque on that to shear it like that? OMG!!!

That question has been running through my head since I discovered the damage... and still I come up blank, I know of nothing that has occurred that could have caused that. :shrug:

I may still have my old crank shaft if you're interested. I spun a main bearing on it but didn't see any damage to the crank. The bearing caps were f-d up though. I replaced the bearings but the gap was now too big and over the next few weeks, it hammered the poor little bearings down flatter and flatter. I finally said screw it and swapped engines.

I may still have my old crank shaft if you're interested.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind :aok:

But as of now, I believe I have found a replacement engine... (luck like this is not a normal thing for me)

I looked at it tonight and probably pick it up tomorrow. And hopefully get it in this weekend... we'll see. (tips on this, anyone?)

It's not the lowest mileage and I could not hear it run :unsure: , but it's "guaranteed" to run (whatever that means)... again, we'll see. :shrug:

***Now if I could just stumble into a cheap as hell VG33!!***

:::Hoping this thing works out:::

The 1st is the best 3.3 (but it is a short block and no ecu), the 2nd is a direct swap, the third is another 3.3...it is also a company that i have delt with and trust.

Another way to look for an engine would be on carpart.com...they give many many different engine locations and some with miles!!! Good luck, Godspeed

Edited by 98silverpathy

Well I did not pick the engine up on Friday.

As it looks now, I'm not going to be getting it. Looks like the deal is going to fall completely through.

A friend found it and was helping to work the deal... he knows the guy who had it. It appears, someone else got involved and F'ed up the deal!! :furious:

Pretty stupid if you ask me, it was a win/win situation. I needed an engine he needed money for a truck payment. That engine was sitting collecting dust anyway :shrug:

So, update us now please. :contract:

Well this thread kinda evolved into another (One Pathy's Value?) which is also now on hold. They truck is not going to be used as a trade in and is just sitting while he "decides" what to do with it..

I think he just has not come to terms with selling it too his wife’s ex boyfriend :shrug:

BTW he can keep her, I just want the truck :lol:

Edited by RedPath88