Oil Cooler

nige

myself and some others are running the Hayden 679 tranny cooler. its the plate style and is heavy duty. Its a nice snug fit and like any other, would need to purchase an additonal line like the ONE that it comes with. I believe it cost me about 70 bucks from autozone, and 6 bucks for the extra tranny hose.

Currently don't use one on my pathy, but have used them on other vehicles in the past.

Great, especially if "Towing".

If I put one on the Pathy, will put it in Series with Pathy cooler, in order to really keep fluid cool.

Two problems with oil getting too hot, 1, you get to eject it out of the dip stick holder, 2. you "Burn" the oil and any reidue so formed doesn't do the transmission much good.

Cheers,

Colin

Colin:

The stock coolers have a terrible reputation for clogging up enough to kill the transmission. Do not use the stock cooler at all. Install an aftermarket cooler and bypass the radiator cooler completely. I have two HD coolers on mine and have had no problems so far.

I agree with 88. I put a Hayden 679 and a B&M filter kit inline with the factory cooleer and it lasted for about 6 months before my tranny was history. As soon as I got my truck back from the tranny shop I cut the factory cooler out all together. Now I just use the filter kit and the Hayden cooler. Don't trust that factory cooler!! :(