Mr. Pickles

Vsicks Pathy

ya seems practical. behind him doesnt look that deep. it looks more like a stream and he had to drive through it to get there right?

Could just be a puddle too. We can only see the edge of it so we don't know if it was deep or not. Only Mr. Pickles can answer this for us. I wish he'd hurry up! :mellow:

ya seems practical. behind him doesnt look that deep. it looks more like a stream and he had to drive through it to get there right?

Yeah but looks can be very deceiving... solid "looking" ground can turn out to be truck swallowing mud.

Several years ago a buddy and I were out looking for new places to wheel. On the way down one road with me in the lead we passed a little stream.. well actually just a trickle of water. I passed it up, as did he and we continued on. The road came to a dense treed end so we turned around.

Well on the return I again passed it up, but this time he could not resist the urge to get a little mud down the side of his white truck. He drove the few feet of the road and into it, then without warning it swallowed it driver’s front tire almost completely (33in tires)

In my rear view I could see the whites of his knuckles and the shear terror/shock in his eye's :D

Every attempt to get himself out only tipped his truck even further and closer to landing on it's side.

Finally he decided to get out.. that cause it to move as well. I ended up standing on the right rear tip of his bumper to offset the weight transfer.

He took my place once out and I repositioned my truck, hooked a strap between the two and backed up till it was taunt (to stabilize his truck)

We studied the situation for some time before deciding that the only way out of this was to drag his truck back and to the side.

Took a little time but we finally got him out of there. Since then he has never gone in so little of water, without first getting out and testing it first :laugh:

lol nice story. but when you mean testing it first. id prefer my truck goin in instead of it swallowing me whole hahaha :D I havent been fooled yet but then again we go through everything with quads first ;)

Hee-hee! Reminds me of my nephew's stream (small river?) crossing lesson on dirt bikes. He decided to try the narrower section - his thinking being narrower would be easier!

He rode in only to discover it was close to 7' deep. One handlebar end and his helmet was all that could be seen.

Moral: Narrower usually means deeper!

Edited by mws

LMAO mws, narrow means find a tall or lipped bank to launch off of and CHARGE !! Broad and ripply is for fording slow and steady... I would have loved to have seen that, but he coulda drowned before I stopped laughing... :D

B