what do you guys suggest?

draginautoman

I have a 90 4dr Automatic STOCK. I have done very mild wheelin,But LONG to hit some hard trails. Im looking for the BEST set up for a daily driven weekend worrior TRAIL DESTROYER. So i need opions on lift set ups (body and suspension). ANYTHING at all you guys have been through or recommend. i have read threads on many things here and have gathered pleanty INFO. I am also a machinest so if any one has any plans on whinch bumpers, rear bumpers, ANYthing at all i have the rescores to make anything. i run the machine shop for the guy who owns HEM4X4.com and he wants to make a product line for nissans but niether of us have the time in the near futher to design any thing right now but in the near futher HOPEFULLY. thanx guys and thanx for the NPORA :clap::beer:

LOL, V6 has a VERY good point about the front end weaknesses. Glad to have another machinist with resources !! There is so much to go into, I recommend reading a lot and asking specific questions. I have a few basic CAD drawings for various parts, if you are interested, We'll talk about it. You have a STOCK auto; put an aftermarket tranny cooler on it ASAP and bypass the original. Thats the most important thing to do right now. How crazy do you want to get with your Pathy, and what is your budget ?

B

Well I dont want to go ROCK crawler. I only want like 32"s My budget is somewhat flexable but as you know you get what you pay for. Would it be a good idea to carry a set of front end parts around at all times? I am interested in your drawings if you need anything just let me know . I just would like good clearence i think super lift makes a kit like 2-3 lift but i would like to go like 4-6 somewhere in that range. thanx guys

You said "Im looking for the BEST set up for a daily driven weekend worrior TRAIL DESTROYER."

Heh. Install a high-pinion Dana 44 front axle with wristed radius arms, coilover shocks and a Ford 9" rear with a 3-link on coils, both with 5.11 gears. Then get some 37" TSL's, a few engine performance power-adders like headers, cams, intake and upgraded ECU. There you go.

Oh wait. You said "daily driven". Dangit. Ok, get a set of Superlift UCA's, Rancho or ProComp shocks all around, a steering stabilizer, and a new steering system from L&P or Calmini. That's the next best budget-based lift setup you can get. Add a 2 or 3" body lift and you have clearance for 33's. Leave it alone and just run 32's with trimmed fenders. That's about it.

Well im going with the calmini full kit, whats your takes on it ? Also as for tranny coolers anyone have a link to the best or whatever on the market? I think it has one connected to the radiator with those funky zip ties. But, better safe then sorry. Does anyone on here have the ARB whinch bumper?

This is the Autotragic Tranny cooler I have:

http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id=produ...ubcat=28&pid=73 (part number 70264). You should have no problems finding it for well well under $100.

As for mods, you can get through a lot with 32" MTs and cranked t-bars and Ford Coils in the rear. You'll need longer travel shocks but they're fairly inexpensive. You can also just do body lift as others suggested. To each his own.

Then upgrade a steering system, the stock one is absolute rubbish. The steering system warnings will get repeated over and over by everyone and you'll probably ignore them until your stock centerlink blows up and your truck will be sitting in front your garage like a sorry pup for 3 weeks or more. I speak from experience as two of my friends did the whole "i'll replace it when it goes" thing.

Also rock sliders and skid protection.

Then get yourself hi-lift, chains, and recovery straps.

If you want a quality 3" lift kit for our trucks you can't beat the Calmini Kit. That's what I got and like it a lot. I put 31" MT's on mine and I can't believe the difference just putting MT tires on makes.

For the tranny cooler search ebay. I got a brand new in the box Hayden 679 cooler that they had listed for a Ford F150 for $30. I don't think anyone knew they are universal coolers so know one else bid! :lol: