When you bought your Pathy....

Slick

bought a 86 bronco II (2wd) had it 5 days got hit head on while i was sitting at a stoplight in the left turn lane (thats a story in itself)...insurance co gave me 4200 for the bronco so my parents took 1000 to redo their bathroom and i went to the POV lot on Ft Bragg daily watching for a car and i didnt really like how the pathy sat (rear being higher) but it sat out there for about 3 months and kept it was only for $3800 and had 192k miles on it...so my aunt talked me into taking it for a test ride and loved how it rode and her husband (died a couple years B4 due to lung cancer) had always had nissans/datsuns so i liked the way it handled and she influenced it...so it wasnt really my choice to get the truck cuze i was still leary on the look of it but everything had checked out and it passed the offroad tests and a full inspection by a mechanic friend...only incident it had was taking out a deer with the pass side bumper...so i was painting a house 1 day to make a lil extra $ and they pulled up in it and it grew on me very quickly and i love that truck now...

he took the 1st offer of $3200...shes white...4x4...MT...244k...2 doors...came off the line the 1st month they made pathy's

this is how she sits now...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...0078_3_full.jpg

well, my love with the pathy started back in 1990 when my x bought the '89. we traveled all over in it and it was super reliable (- bad tranny thing) the oil in it looked like honey at changes until about 110 or so (i always had a hard time telling if i had oil in it :) ) it still ran great at 175k when it saved my life in a head on with a big rig... do i need any other reasons?

took a break from 4x4 for about 4 years and when it was time to rekindle that spirit i just wanted another wd21 with 4 doors and 5 on the floor. so that's what i got.. this puppy was semi abused before she came into my domain but now she is pretty happy albeit with a few bruises..

the funny thing is that i grew up on yotas fj40 and fj55 and was really trying to persuade my x to get a yota.. i guess she was good for something.. ;)

Edited by mzxtreme

I just got my license and was in the market for another car so me and my brother wouldn't have to split a car. We happened to drive by this one about a mile from our house... I was thinking, 'Man that looks nice, $10 says it's out of our price range!' I lost the bet. $3000 for a super-clean XE-V6 w/ 135,000 was a good deal, I thought.

My brother got the Pathfinder through last summer and I drove the Prelude that he had. My brother went to school and my Mom didn't want to send a car to college with an alcoholic, so we sold the Prelude for $900 (having bought it for $150 about a year and a half earlier). That money went to my nice brand new tires and we lived happily ever after... The End.

post-1-1123110481.jpg

Edited by wheelmanLS1

Well here it is been trying to get my wife to sign up for an account forever but she's still never.

The R50 pathy is my wifes since I rolled my jeep she was the one that made the decision as this would be her vehicle. We checked out so many vehicles I think everyone. Then she laid eyes upon the pathy and she loved it!

Her first words: Oh that's sexy sly mmmm ok

So she took it out to the local trails and this was the LE model and she hammered it all over the trails. So she drove it back to the dealership and first thing he said to us. What the heck did you guys do (the pathfinder was covered mirrors and all) to the truck? If I would of known that then I would of let you take out a old model. Her reply I'm not buying that model therefore what purpose would that of served. (This made me laugh It was so funny)

So ended up buying hers in Calgary they struck a great deal so there it is.

The R55 is another story.

had a 99 grand vitara which was gasolene powered, but too small and was in the gas station every three days, figured i was buying working for the owner of the station. A friend was selling his path last year, the price was right, and i knew i could use the extra cash from the sale of the suzuki. So I bought my 94path, for $1200 bds{2-1 us} and sold the suzuki for $22000.00. Oh yeah my 94 is diesel.

I bought my 93 because my old full sized station wagon was on it's last leg. I wanted an SUV so that I could still have "hauling space" since I carried a lot of tools and band equipment around. I was looking in the $3000 range and couldn't find anything worth a damn, but they had the Pathy sitting there for $8000. Well, I had always liked the D-21 looks, so I test drove it. On the way to it the sales man hit the autostaart button and that sold it for my wife. I had a 91 Camery I traded in on it for $1500 and took out a loan for the rest.

As for the 88, I had been wqanting a 2 door since I bought the 93 and a guy I met on AC was selling one. It so happened that the Honda I wanted to get rid of was exactly like one he had had and wrecked. So we worked out a direct trade :D .

Well, I'm a Nissan nut through and through. I prefer the WD21 bodystyle. I think it looks very muscular with the flared fenders. I did not want a large SUV, so the Pathfinder was perfect. I wanted a green one for the longest time, but in the NorthWest, you can't find ones in good shape for under $7K. I happened to be in a wrecking yard looking for parts for my other Nissans, and there was a green '93 SE Pathfinder just sitting there, in perfect shape. I inquired about it and the only thing wrong was the autotranny didn't work. I picked it up for $3K with a good tranny. The leather seats were in perfect condition, no rips, tears or wear marks at all. Couldn't believe the deal. I've been a lowered sports car guy my whole life, so this birds eye view of the road is very different for me. I like it.

i was looking at a 4runners and jeep cherokees.. (i had the money in hand for 94 4x4 cherokee), but those deals fell through. so i posted a wanted ad on craigslist and some college kid called me that night wondering if i was interested in a pathfinder. i was like what the hell does a 88 pathfinder look like? so i got on car domain and the first one i saw was 88pathy's and i was like hell yeah, ima get that thing and jack it up. so i called him back and we set a time and date to meet up. i had to drive almost 3 hours to meet him. but for 950 bucks, i cant beat it. i'd only driven a 5 speed a few times, and this was just super easy to drive. the looks are OK. i like the looks of toyotas, but hey, im the only guy in the parking lot at school with a pathfinder.