recent wheelin pics

lowrider

Do you not realise that you are blessed with a Nissan?

Have you not learnt that your Pathy is by far the better 4wd?

Does your Pathy suddenly come to a halt when it lifts a wheel?

I have a mate with a dual cab @!*%ota and he gets stuck everywhere. As soon as he lifts a wheel it's over for him. He has to get a run up to climb a steep hill if it is rutted or undulating. He has leaf springs on the rear and an IFS set up front. The thing has no articulation at all. So after pulling him out of everything that the Pathy just drives through I am entitled to call them @!*%otas.

I do realize that I am blessed with a Nissan. I'm quite happy with my choice, and the extra 5g's in my pocket, as my Pathy has been an excellent vehicle. Primarily because it gets me to work and back every day. As the Toyota probably would have. That's the point I'm trying to make. They may be sh!t offroad, I wouldn't know, never offroaded in one, but they're a good truck in terms of reliability.

To compare it to a Heep in any way doesn't make sense. There's a reason why resale value is so high on Toyota's.

Yotas are pretty good offroad as well and they are reliable.

Before our Nissans we went out into a lake with my brothers 4runner a Z71 Chevy tried to enter the trail, he just ended up getting real stuck and when asked if he wanted help. His reply was If you can get in with that, LOOK at what I'm driving. Funny thing here after he said that he was so stuck and cursing up and down he finally just left.

It was actually quite entertaining.

:beer:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I've noticed with Yotas, is the pickups with no weight in the bed do have a hard time on certain sections/hills/ruts. The Pathys and 4runners do fine. Then, there are certain sections where the longer wheelbase of the truck allow it to just 'walk' up certain sections and us Pathys and 4runners are desperately trying any line to get thru that obstacle.

LOL vsiks, you win master of trolldom award.

I aint got no problem with yotas, out of all my friends who i know wheel, most have yotas. They get them to the trails and most of the time they get them back home, and theres alot of stuff for them out there. At least its not a jeep.

Do you not realize that you are blessed with a Nissan?

Blessed? umm ok.. but yeah I do, and I am also blessed with a Toyota as well.

Have you not learnt that your Pathy is by far the better 4wd?

I find them different depending on the situation.. both better each other at times.

Does your Pathy suddenly come to a halt when it lifts a wheel?

Again, depends on the case.. Sometimes yes and sometimes no for both trucks.

About the rest...

In my case, my Path has IFS and my Yota's has a solid front axle... so it's apples and oranges in that comparison.

Now, about that signature of yours.. ;)

Say's your trucks got...

• 1: A different Engine.
  • 2: It's been converted to a solid front axle (Nissan axle or not, it don't matter)
    And
  • 3: The suspension/steering is different.

Hmm, seems to me that you have made some major changes that greatly affect its performance off-road... So how can you compare it as a "Nissan" to another brand... now it's more of a hybrid of multiple manufactures, than just a Nissan :contract: sly

Now before anyone thinks it, let me clear things up.. I love my Path, but I also love my Yota too :aok:

The one thing I've noticed with Yotas, is the pickups with no weight in the bed do have a hard time on certain sections/hills/ruts. The Pathys and 4runners do fine. Then, there are certain sections where the longer wheelbase of the truck allow it to just 'walk' up certain sections and us Pathys and 4runners are desperately trying any line to get thru that obstacle.

I agree Mookie... they accell in different aspects of off-roading. :aok:

The light rear end can be a problem for about any truck. It's just a side-effect of design that's all :shrug:

Now, about that signature of yours.. ;)

Say's your trucks got...

• 1: A different Engine.
  • 2: It's been converted to a solid front axle (Nissan axle or not, it don't matter)
    And
  • 3: The suspension/steering is different.

Hmm, seems to me that you have made some major changes that greatly affect its performance off-road... So how can you compare it as a "Nissan" to another brand... now it's more of a hybrid of multiple manufactures, than just a Nissan :contract: sly

Now before anyone thinks it, let me clear things up.. I love my Path, but I also love my Yota too :aok:

OK, OK, you have me sussed.

So you want to know the truth? I will get shot down here now for telling the truth.

Here we go. Pathfinders, although more comfortable and better to drive than the other makes, are not very track worthy at all. Truth be known a Jeep or a Toyota will out perform a Pathfinder. I am not saying a Pathfinder cant 4wd, they can. However what the Pathfinder will do, well before the other makes, is break steering components. It will break them when anything slightly hard is put in front of it. Hands up all those with suspension lifts that have sufferd this. I know, I know, the Pathfinder will do mud all day long. But it can't do the hard stuff for too long at all. Another thing, the 4cyl and V6 engines are underpowered. This is why they are so heavy on go go juice. Australia didn't get a V6 option untill the 4 door came out, so all 2 door Pathies here are the 2.4. The reason I swapped engines is above and the same reason I did not put a Nissan V6 in. The Holden engine has way more ponies than the Nissan, and as for torque, the Nissan V6 can't compare. Fact; When I put the Holden V6 in it made my first gear (Pathy 5 speed) redundant. Even with my 33s first gear is short and I can still take off easily in second gear. I will need to put 35s on the get the correct aspect ratio again. But thats a good thing.

Now the reason I put the live axle in. Basically it is the same reason you guys put spencer lowe gear os AC gear in your Pathies. We here in the land of OZ do not have an after market for Pathfinders and the L/H drive stuff will not go int a R/H drive. So I was spending up to $500.00 every time I went out for a serious play. It was beyond a joke. I talk about my mate with the @!*%ota. What I don't tell you is the amount of times he has taken me home from where ever because my steering let go for the second time whilst 4wding and I didn't have another spare tierod, idler arm or drag link with me. Sure, I can get through stuff easily and he struggles, but at the end of the day, it was the @!*%ota that saved my arse. Anyway, the live axle is from a Nissan Patrol. Why a Patrol when a Dana or Jeep live axle would have been an easier option? Simple, the Nissan Patrol has the strongest axles and housing. And having coils on all 4 corners is great.

So, long story short. My Pathfinder is only now, after the live axle swap, track ready.

It is only now fuel efficient but will improve even more when I up size tyres again.

Well put V6, and from what I know, I agree... Damn, I was wondering how long it would take for them figure the 'Not remotely stock' part out ! :blink: LOL, thats why I stayed out of it.... Good fight though ! :D

I wish we had Patrols, I'd either buy one or do the same SAS. With my damaged front end it will cost at least 1/2 of the $ for SAS to fix... :shrug: Not real income now, so I just have to wait.

B

OK, OK, you have me sussed.

So you want to know the truth? I will get shot down here now for telling the truth.

Good post... I can respect that. :clap:

I actually held off on mentioning the mods on your vehicle. This was partially because I wanted to know for sure if you were doing stock comparisons, but mostly to see how far you would go ;)

You've got yourself a nice truck and the mods you have made look to be good ones. One day I would not mind making some of the same changes to mine.

Edited by RedPath88

Damn, I was wondering how long it would take for them figure the 'Not remotely stock' part out ! :blink:...

Refer to above post ^^ ;)

...Good fight though !  :D...

Agreed, I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Yeah, I figured that... ;) Nothing quite like a friendly fight... :P

B

I wouldn't call it a fight. A discussion. But, V6 proved my point to an extent. The Toyota had pulled him out (multiple times) when he was stock. I realize now, after he's been able to upgrade his Pathy (quite nicely might I add) he can call the Toyota sh!t, because compared to what he's got, it's not as good.

In stock form, it's basically a toss up in my eyes. That's all I was trying to get across.

Good discussion though.

I wouldn't call it a fight

Bah, you two were bickering like you were married !! And yess, I know your points; I read the ehem, discussion... :D

Nice truck V6, looks like an off roader and I'm sure it performs the same !

B