1987 Spare Tire Set Up

could someone take a picture of how it goes in? i see on the left side of my hatch that there is a groove in the floor for the tire to sit. but the bracket is broken off the wall. if someone could take a picture of theirs so i could build a new one, it would be great! hopefully you could get a few pictures of with it on and off, and how it mounts :help: :help:

I would, but I have additional brackets attached to it to hold stereo amps and it ends up being horribly hard to see anything meaningful.

It does have quite a few interesting bend and angles to it. I'm not sure I would want to try to reproduce it...

I would spend a little more time perusing wrecking yards first.

I've been looking for one to replace mine, but all the ones hitting the local yards have external carriers. (Figures, when I wanted an external carrier for it I couldn't find one :rolleyes: ).

i wouldnt really want an external carrier, i mean they look great but id be so paranoid about theft. I dont live in the best of neighbourhoods. Ive only had my lisence for about seven months, and ive had two behicles stoeln....

The external carriers have a place to put a padlock on, I'v got one on mine. :aok:

Of course this is all unimportant, if your truck didn't come factory with a external carrier there's no easy way to install it.

• 5 weeks later...