Pathy / Pick up Swap

Guest nloach

Guest nloach

Does anyone know if there was a Nissan Pick-up that was built with the same motor and accessories as the 1991 Pathfinder. I am guessing they would probably have built one even on the same chassis, simply with a different body. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as my Pathfinder has met the end of her road and I would like to use her parts to build a pick up instead of buying completely new.

Edited by nloach

I don't think they're exactly the same underneath the body. If memory serves I know they have a diffrent rear suspension (leaf spring vs Pathy Coils). I'm sure theres other differences too.

Anyone else care to chime in?

:secret:

Search engine!

Yes, the chassis are different! The only things the two share are engines, tires/wheels, front-end suspension, some models share lights, bumpers and maybe some of the interior dash components. That's about it. Why not build the Pathy back up? If you do build the HB up, put Pathy front fenders on and you can have it looking like the BAJA trucks. Looks SWEET! Good luck!

Guest nloach

I would like to build the pathy back up, but I can't seem to solve this power loss problem I have been having lately. I think its my leaky exhaust manifolds, but I don't want to spend the money to fix it, seen as I want a hardbody. So I figured I would take the best of both. Buy a hardbody and use all the luxuries of my pathy. I.e. Leather seats, fully functional everything, including power everything and move it onto the HardBody.

Ok, as I raise the BS flag and go running around the house. Everyone always tells people to use the search when they ask a simple question. Quite honestly the search function on this forum sucks! I have been looking for a post from a few months ago about 35's and the pros and cons of running them. It was titled "35's bigger" and I get dang near every post ever posted when searching.

I gotta agree with treywurst, the search engine on this BBS is quite possibly the worst one I've ever run into. No matter what I've tried to find I get virually every post ever done on here, most having nothing to do with what I was looking for... ;)