Nitro

I have a very fast CRX that is NA, my Alty keeps me happy also...but the poor poor pathy is getting the worst rating from me. I want (need?) more power from my engine...but not much, just that umph that i am looking for when merging interstate or chugging up hill with my AC on.

I will be purchasing a dry kit as that seems to be the best for the truck...has anyone else done this?

Can you reccomend a dealer and/or brand to stick with along with any tips and tricks you may have?

Thanks

Chris

oh yeah? :o

Really?:crazy:

no takers, huh? :huh:

well don't talk turbo then!!! :crazy:

bump! :lol:

:allclean: --cause its hot in MD!!!

Yeah...it would be nice in our Pathy's...but I can't picture myself blazing through some of the stuff I do going that fast...lol...that's just trouble waiting to happen!

You guys just need a 5sp. I'll take most any WD21 auto (short of a supercharger... or something crazy :D ) in a race with my stick. These little motors lug down low, but they get fiesty up high. Only, I bet a lot of auto drivers don't get to play in the high RPM's much in general.

A nitrous kit would be fun though if it could be reliable and cheap. READ: not blow up my motor, but give a monster pull. By the way, I've wondered what the thoughts were on if its feasible to run a small amount in duration. Rather than only active full gas at full throttle, is it possible to run a small amount at say half? I just ask cause I do quite a lot of long hill climbs out yonder west where I'm down in power, and fighting to keep the RPM's up high. I'm sure its way too much stress and heat to keep a long slow burn going, but figured its in my head, so why not ask people's thoughts. :shrug:

ok so it seems about a 50 shot would be good...i kinda thought that i could get away ok with a 75 because it is a 6 cyl...and apparently quite durable since they do supercharge them

The only way s-charging could even be cost efficent for Nissan would be if the stock parts were capable of handling this pressure on a regular basis with minimal adjustment to other external engine parts.....is there a consensus here?

i still haven't heard or seen anyone trying this...i really do just want this for interstate enjoyment...ok and maybe to try it in small quantities on a durable engine before messing anything else up!!! :wacko:

"i still haven't heard or seen anyone trying this.."

I do believe you'd be the first! I guess nobody else has actually done something like this, although many of us have probably wanted to. Good luck, and keep us updated!

I would only get myself stuck deeper and do it a lot faster!!!!

Used a NOS Top Shot system in my old 70 Chevelle and it worked great. But then again it was used mostly for the drags.