tahuya

nick1716

yeah, I went a few times. just to fool around in the huge mud puddle for a while, I got high-centered on a rock and had to be towed off sideways. my mud flap ripped off, sucked. i think Mr. Pickles and Mr. Jim have been there as well. pretty fun place.

Tahuya is on the inside of the "Great Bend" of Hood Canal, which separates the Kitsap Peninsula from the Olympic Peninsula. Hood Canal is a shallow glacial-cut fiord from our last Ice Age ~ also home to the best water skiing water I've ever come across, especially at ebb tide. :aok:

Further down the road is Dewatto, home of many a party & some great salmon runs. Never been there in my Pathy, but grew up in the area (lived in Belfair for 6 yrs., brother lives up Sand Hill Rd. off of the North Shore), needless to say, my old stomping grounds... :D

Hood Canal looks like a giant "fish hook" on the map of Washington to the west of Puget Sound, Belfair is the tip of the "hook", Tahuya is on the inside of the bend in the hook. Trees, beauty & fun abounds, if you ever have the chance to go ~ do so... :secret:

Tahuya is fun, I'd like to go again. There are long trails to explore, most of which (at least what we went on) are pretty mild to moderate trails winding through the trees up and down hills, but there are places to play hard as well. Say 1 1/2 hours or so from Seattle, probably about the same if you took the ferry to Bremerton (like we did) or drove down to Tacoma, then out and up Hwy 16. Maybe there could be a local run out there. Hello, Jim, are you out there?! Lead us!