What kind of gas do you use in your R50?

I will add, however, that you should not only look at octane rating but also brand. I have read over and over in enthusiast circles that Shell and Chevron with Techron have the best quality gasoline. I'm not too sure if the gas mileage, etc. is better, I just have read that it is refined the most. Thats why I fill up at Shell for a few more cents a gallon than an el-cheapo gas station.

I use 87 in my 02 with the 3.5 l. Dealer says no big deal about using anything better. Mileage is about 24-27 MPG on the highway (imperial gallons). Sayjack, what do you get from the PetroCan gas? May be worth switching?

By the way, what's an R50?

Hehehehehe..... You're driving one... The 87-95s are WD21s... The 96-04 are R50s... I'm guessing the new ones are R51s, correct? Add-on: Xs are WD22s. That's why the "Old Skool" Pathy owners want an X rather than a new Pathy.

I'm up here at altitude and I get away with 85 octane. :D However OR99.5 is right, I have noticed a difference in the quality and MPG's I get with different gas stations. Now that I have found out what stations carry decent quality gas, I fill up at the same station, same pump (almost) every time B)

I use the regular gas - and I only visit Sunoco's... Not sure about the states, but in Canada, I believe they are the cleanest gas...

I use Shell or Sunoco.. When gas was cheaper I went with Mid but I'm poor and the pathy drinks gas like I drink beer. Now I buy 87 because more money for gas = less money for beer. The tradeoff is clear.

Here in Cali I use AM/PM Arco 87....I have used Mobile on several occasions and I do see 3-4 MPG better with the Mobile, but with the price difference between Arco and Mobile being 10-12 cents I can't see using Mobile.....

I too used to use the cheaper gas because I thought I was saving money. but then one day my normal cheap gas station was closed to I went to Mobil and thought heck, since I'm spending more anyway I might as well spend a little more and get the good gas. so I did. And my gas mileage soared. I ended up getting an extra 30-50 miles per tanks full. which sure seamed like a lot. So then I sat down a did the calculation. I spent an extra 70 cents to fill my tank and gained 50 miles...hmm...with my gas mileage now being 14, and gas costing 2.50 (approx) a gallon ...that's really a savings of almost 9 bucks. so even though I spent a wee bit more in the beginning I saved money over the long run.

I'm sticking with the better (more expensive) gas :-)