Rear Lower trailing arms 1997 Pathfinder

I replaced the trailing arms on my 1997 pathfider 4wd about 2 years and 23k miles ago. For the upper arms I purchased Moog, however, there were no lower moog arms. I went with Dorman instead for the lowers and 2 years later they are already shot. I notcied there are Moogs available for the 2001 Pathfinders 4wd (MOOG RK660905, and RK660905). Would I be able to purchase these moogs and use it on my 97 Pathfinder since the suspension is the same on these vehicles for those given years? 

The newer Moogs will fit all the same, but the bracket/tab used to secure the ABS wire is different.  The older trucks used a J-shaped hook that bolted to the arm.  The newer style has a forked tab that a rubber boot on the line presses onto.  If you take a close look at the pics on RockAuto, you'll see the difference.  Nothing some cable ties can't resolve, though.  The parking brake cables attach the same on both styles, noting that driver's side uses two tabs to attach the cable, but the passenger side only uses one bracket, but most RH options show both tabs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, hawairish said:

The newer Moogs will fit all the same, but the bracket/tab used to secure the ABS wire is different.  The older trucks used a J-shaped hook that bolted to the arm.  The newer style has a forked tab that a rubber boot on the line presses onto.  If you take a close look at the pics on RockAuto, you'll see the difference.  Nothing some cable ties can't resolve, though.  The parking brake cables attach the same on both styles, noting that driver's side uses two tabs to attach the cable, but the passenger side only uses one bracket, but most RH options show both tabs.

Thank you. In your opinion, what is a better option between Moog (Rk series) and AcDelco (Professinal series) for these control arms. I will eventually put poly bushings in the old arms, but for now I wil put new links on the truck because I currently do not have the time to replace the bushings. 

Edited by AR97Pathfinder

If I'm being honest, I'm brand agnostic for stuff like this.  I have enough conspiracy theories in my head that prevents me from believing one part is better than another; and in many cases, they're the identical and made by the same company.  My wallet tends to be my decision maker in those cases.

If you eventually plan to swap the bushings for poly, though, I'd keep it cheap.  But that's because I'm cheap (I also run poly bushings in custom arms).

1 hour ago, hawairish said:

If I'm being honest, I'm brand agnostic for stuff like this.  I have enough conspiracy theories in my head that prevents me from believing one part is better than another; and in many cases, they're the identical and made by the same company.  My wallet tends to be my decision maker in those cases.

If you eventually plan to swap the bushings for poly, though, I'd keep it cheap.  But that's because I'm cheap (I also run poly bushings in custom arms).

Makes sense, I agree. Also, I am planning on a 1 inch spacer lift, I don't offroad, primarily just for a little extra height. Is a 1 inch spacer lift a safe option and would I need camber bolts for alignment? 

3 hours ago, hawairish said:

Camber bolts wouldn't hurt, but also probably unnecessary at that height/setup.  I didn't use them until my SFD days.

If i decide to use camber bolts, is one bolt per strut enough?