R50 Friends, My New Used 2004 R50

Hey y’all. I’ve been on NPORA a while with my 1992 D21 SE Pathfinder and it needs some big money soon.  So, I’ve been keeping a look out for a newer model and picked this 2004 R50 LE at an auction recently.  I’ve had new keys made at the local dealer, done a lot of cleaning, checked fluid levels, bought interior carpet/dash/front seat covers, and that’s about so far.  Also, had it registered and passed CA smog right away.  So, here’s a few photos. I’m hoping for some help about suspension work options, stock vs heavier duty? Thank you! Best wishes and stay safe out there!!  Aaron 

57ubwOh.jpg

Eupx0S7.jpg

bHLGmsr.jpg

• Like 1

There were a couple parts in the back cargo area of the R50 when I picked it up at the auction location.  Two of the items were these two large rubber parts…. Do you know if these are R50 parts? Suspension parts perhaps? Or what if you know, thanks.
Cheers, Aaron 

tczhUVN.jpg

oGOrXIj.jpg

pghIeLs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 9:33 PM, Strato_54 said:

Clean looking rig! When I was configuring my lift and looking at the different options, and what to look for when buying my stuff I watched @PathyDude17 videos on R50 suspension and helped a lot with figuring out what I wanted to go for

Hey thank you Strato_54, it's been well looked after from the hood paint sun damage.  Alright cool, I'll check our PathyDude content, right now my plan is to replace with EOM suspension yet HEAVIER DUTY, keep same size tires, lift, etc. as this is possible. Thanks for the tip.  Best regards, Aaron

On 8/17/2023 at 9:33 PM, hawairish said:

Those are the bumper pads that get sandwiched between the spare tire and chassis.  Need new push clips to install them.

Ah thank you so much, that makes sense now as to why they were kept in the car.  I appreciate your help hawairish!!  Cheers, Aaron

• 1 month later...

Hey friends, my 2004 R50 LE is still totally stock, wheels, tires, suspension. I plan for it to hold more weight on and off roads, plan to build a roof rack with carrying capacity, water storage/shower, and awning. Also front bull-bar type bumper maybe for future winch and rear swing type spare tire rack. Right now it’s VERY WOBBLY feeling driving over about 55 mph!!  So, I need the front and rear suspension replaced as appropriate and affordable as I can. 1) what are your thoughts on strongest and most affordable front & rear replacement suspension products?  Any thoughts on the rubber coil spring spacers, the bump stop products, or the SumoSpring products/efficacy?

At the tire shop today, the sales guy said an acceptable size tire (that was commonly available) but a bit TALLER than the stock 245 65 R17 is a 265 65 R17?  Any thoughts on this sized tire? How does it compare to a 285 70 R17?  I’m trying for as much “lift” for more road/rock clearance while still sticking to a commonly (better price) available tire.  Any thoughts?  Thanks very much y’all!!  Aaron