thought about you all today

87mudfinder

Well on our way out to richmond today my girlfriend and i see this massive lot. Its muddy & grassy and curls back along the river along ways...

Im thinking of hitting it large on the way back B)

Anyways i hit alot of holes and some serious tire rubbs [must slpa the 3 inch body lift on asap] And then the best parts mud and water holes into them at 60mph. Splashs large muddy all over lauffs... We rest abit watching planes take off then go back thru with the muddiest ive ever been.. We note another way out on the way back on a normal road and off to the side is a pretty wide and good looking water hole...... Fak man!!!!!!!!!!

I hit it at 50 K and all i felt was BOOM dropped 4 feet into a hole of mud and alot of water.. Then realized oh shat im in 2 wheel drive. Slammed it into 1st and gunned it. Nothing spinns and bubbles of exhaust coming out of my exhaust. I look out the window realizing that the door is covered to the handle with dirty black water. Im screwed if this engine dies im thinking and say fak fak fak a thousand times then say to my gf hit the pedal rev the (I am a dork for trying to use profanity here) out of it---> DO NOT LET IT DIE. I pull a dukes of hazzard onto the roof slip down the windshild onto my face to the hood and reach into the maddness of water to search for the left side warn hub cranked it other side and boom back into the seat covered in shat! Slammed into low and one step of the pedal it was a pump-pump and out of the madness...

It was the worst 2 minutes of my life but was pretty freaking fun.. Mud and water soaked inside its a mess,,, but she runs like a dream :D

Bah, I've ran at 50 MPH+ in 4hi no problem many a time with my Warn manuals... besides, just cause they're locked you're not creating anything worse than extra drag on your drivetrain. Had they been locked, he probably could've slid it into 4hi and kept right on a truckin'... ;)

That's why I don't like manual hubs)))))

I don't like having to literally dive into mud in order to switch them on))

But on the other side, you had fun, right? )) So I guess manual hubs are not that bad after all)))

Bah, I've ran at 50 MPH+ in 4hi no problem many a time with my Warn manuals... besides, just cause they're locked you're not creating anything worse than extra drag on your drivetrain. Had they been locked, he probably could've slid it into 4hi and kept right on a truckin'... ;)

My hero :clap:

Driving with them locked on is the same as the set up in the 96+.. Our front end is always spinning so doing 60mph with the hubs locked isnt a problem. Furthermore Nissan states that you can be traveling up to 60mph and still pull it into 4HI

Well Nissan must make them idiot proof for the US market. The AU delivered models (early) advise not to exceed 60kph. That is about 36mph. Toyota have the same warning too. Go figure.

I have never heard of someone 4wding at those speeds before. :wacko: The tracks I 4wd on you'd be lucky to get 7kph, to do 100kph (60mph) on them would be impossible.

I also have never heard of anybody going 4WD at those speeds.

IMHO, if you drive that fast with 4H on frequently, it will end up in a costly break-down.

It is the same with using tires of different size. It will not hurt using 4WD with such tires from time to time, for short periods of time. But if you do it frequently, it will end up with the transfer box fallin apart ;-)

I was refering to using 4hi for winter driving in snow on the freeways of N.E. Nevada, not trail romping. None the less, had his hubs been locked, he might've been able to continue through the mudhole ~ that was the point... ;)

I routinely lock my hubs in as soon as I go off of the pavement to avoid situations like 87mud found himself in. Locking 'em don't do squat 'til ya throw that lever on the TC... -thnkboutit-