New Sun Roof Rubber??

gamellott

So, as previously discussed, I have acquired a new outer seal for the sun roof. The question I have is what, exactly, should I glue it to the glass with. I was about to use some grey RTV that I had leftover in my tool box, but in short order, I realized this was a big mistake, and my small tube of 3M Black Weatherstrip adhesive disappeared.

I have looked briefly at what is around and there is the 3M Black weatherstrip adhesive (Black and Super Black, Not sure what the difference is between those). Then there is Black Permatex RTV. All of which are probably a good choice, just curious which one Y'all have used and/or recommend. It lasted 30-some years till now. 

I have no idea what the factory used. The body repair manual doesn't mention the sunroof at all, and the BF section of the manual doesn't mention adhesives. I don't remember finding any adhesive residue when the seal on mine gave up. The PO of my parts car used what looks like Ultra Black, but it didn't stick to the glass very well. I'll bet a windshield urethane would work great.

Or, yeah, the glass shop would probably have the right stuff.

• Like 1