Had some fun today

Mr. Pickles

We decided we'd had enough stress and city life, so today was a spontaneous play day. Throw on some comfie clothes, and its off to the hills. First we went up the graded road to the Carbon River in Mount Rainier National Park. If it were a clear day, you'd see that we were right next to the mountian. Oh well. We decided to skip the 3.5 mile hike to the Carbon Glacier, since the clouds meant we wouldn't see much, and there was dirt and mud to be had.

post-1-1114392220.jpg

Then we moved on to the Evan's Creek ORV area, which is only about 5 miles away as the crow flies but about 20 miles by road. She got her snow finally, since we didn't really get any till March.

post-1-1114392494.jpg

Edited by Mr. Pickles

We were wheeling alone in the middle of nowhere, so I'm taking no chances. ;) This was shortly after we stopped to check out really sweet CJ that had rolled. Poor guy, he was really nice but bummed. I felt too bad for him to sneak a pic.

post-1-1114392636.jpg

Edited by Mr. Pickles

We were wheeling alone in the middle of nowhere, so I'm taking no chances. ;)

I wish I had used some of that common sence on my weekend out... Check out my post and pics. -thnkboutit- I screwed up pretty good this time. :rolleyes:

WOW. so green. and it looks like you guys had lots of fun. I sure miss the green trees. So Cal doesn't really have a lot of that. Makes me a little envious. maybe even green with envy -bounce- hahahaha

Nice pics. Did you do the diamond plateing along the bottom yourself?

Very sharp rig. :clap:

Thanks guys. Washington has some cool stuff. Over here, there's lots of trees, mud, and water. If you go over the mountains to the east side, there's desert, rocks, sand dunes, etc.

Yes, I put on the diamond plating. Its bed rail covers for a 96 S10/Sonoma, which I got used and cheap on Ebay. I borrowed the idea from 88.

How did yer Pathy stay soooooooooo CLEAN????????? I am impressed! Great pics.. makes me want to take a trip up north.....hmmmm.... -bounce-

That's just dim lighting and the champagne color hiding things. Its still got dirt and mud up to an inch thick or so in places 2 days later. Been too busy to wash her, hopefully tomorrow. That trip actually managed to quiet 1 sqeak outside, and 1 thud from my broken drivers seat. The cost was 1 smashed Hella fog light due to a P.O.S. no-drilling-required mounting kit. Heard a crunch and saw what looked like parts behind us on the trail. Not a good feeling, so I'm glad its just the light. :D

• 4 weeks later...