Check Engine Light Poll

Trialsin26

How many times has your check engine light come on? 96 and up  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many times has your check engine light come on? 96 and up

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • more then 10 times.

This may be a stupid poll but I just want to see if this something I can look forward to (not really) in the future of my Pathfinder. I have a little over 46,000 miles on my Pathfinder and my service engine soon like has come on for the follow thing. 1 First was an o2 sensor which I replaced. 2. Was the Valve Timing Senor which I replaced. And now it coming up P0431?? for a catalytic fault (sp?). I spoke to the stealer (I'll be dropping it of tomorrow) and they say it might be a bad cat which is under warranty, a bad O2 sensor (the one they replaced), or my computer might need to be reprogrammed. The SES light is the only problem I have had with my Nissan and it’s starting to get on my nerves. I just wanted to poll and see if anyone else is having consistent SES light problems. :(

Not sure if this helps but here is my story. Bought my 02 in December 2004 as a lease return with 63,000 km (39,000 miles) on it. The light has come on twice since then, once at 71,000 km (44,000 miles) for a timing sensor and again a few hundred km after that. That was after fueling up and driving 36 km up a steep hill. No one has a code reader in my town, so I left it, figured it was the gas cap problem. Then, after a couple of weeks, it went out by its self. When I get it to a dealer, I will get it read and see what the problem was.

So, twice in less than 8,000 km (5,000 miles).

Mine comes on in spurts. For a while, around 50,000 miles on it, it was on constantly. Dealer would reset it, and it would be on before I got home. It may have been a no fault code at the time, I don't recall - but must be since the dealer didn't try to sell me parts to fix it! It was on and off for a few months, then stayed off - no idea why.

Now its back on, and code is O2 sensor, which I'm ignoring for now. It's been on for about a month, when we rest it it stays off for a week or so. Now it's just an annoying orange light on the dash...

m.

Guest Larimer

Mine has actually never come on. I am at 240000kms. It has made me questions whether it even works, but when I turn the ignition it comes on for the light test.

I refuse to vote, I dont care to jinx anything :)

I havent had mine come on. As for the O2 Sensor, my old truck was set up that the light came on after so many KM's... you were supposed to change the sensor, and then switch up two wires... sometimes to make the light go away I would just change up the wires. (I treat my pathy better than I did the old truck)

My light lit up once for some reason with something dripping on the o2 sensor. Forget what it is. The other time was because of me.. :) when I fixed the sticky pedal problem. I emptied the entire bottle in the intake without starting it up. I guess I filled it with liquid. I knew that was the problem so I let the ride and it eventually went away, hasn't lit up since.

I say once! and I'm at 126,000 Miles

Edited by 90seven

Well just got my Pathfinder back form the stealer. I'm $275.00 broke now. The had to replace another o2 sensor and update my CPU. This should solve the problem from now on. My finger's are crossed. If not I'm putting a pc of tape over it. I didn't put a listing for 0 b/c I was mad. :hide:

Edited by Trialsin26

I voted as a 1 but and theoretically it's true. the light came on once...about three years ago. it's been turned on serveral times since but has always returned, with the same code i might add. No one can seem to find what the problem is let alone fix it. it's a evap code...yay for me. aren't i lucky?

I refuse to vote, I dont care to jinx anything :)

DAMMIT ALL TO H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS!!

My light came on this weekend. Bugger!! No idea why.

And today, on the way home, it decided,,, meh, maybe not... and now it's off... ??? :confused: :confused:

I voted as a 1 but and theoretically it's true. the light came on once...about three years ago. it's been turned on serveral times since but has always returned, with the same code i might add. No one can seem to find what the problem is let alone fix it. it's a evap code...yay for me. aren't i lucky?

Mine is the same....I've spent almost $1000 trying to fix it. I said F-It, as I see no change in performance whatsoever. In fact, when the SES light turns off, I think something is wrong...LOL. I'm so used to having it there, its like a littie guiding light telling me that, "Hey, you're trucks on."....LOL.

sensor 2 is the one after the kitty converter...did both of mine...check this post from way previous

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...40&hl=O2+sensor

this will give all answers! ;)

----I'm so used to having it there, its like a littie guiding light telling me that, "Hey, you're trucks on."....LOL. -----------------------------------------------------------

Vengeful that is hilarious mine is indeed the same and i too have the same sudden concern when she goes off!!! :lol::crazy: