Fitting 33' tyres

bundyboy

Gidday everyone,

I am currently in the process of lifting the 94 Pathy 2" more. I have already lifted it 11/2 " with suspension change. My question is can I fit 33x12.5x15 tyres on offset safari/patrol rims on the truck. I am cutting some of the fender off as seen on the forum so I can definitely fit them and use snow chains. I have a few guys telling me that it can't be done: bull@!*% I say. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Saying that, my Simex's measured at 33.4" and they worked with a 2" sus lift, with some rubbing, so give it a go, if they not going to be your daily running around tyres, you can live with it.

Just buy the darn things and start making them fit i reckon. It can be done.

Yow, that gonna do no favors to the interior, not to mention the ecu... Personally, I like to check how deep things are first, snorkel or no... Hope it wasn't too bad... Is the driver 1/2 amphibian ?

B

• 2 weeks later...

The depth wasn't the problem, it was the log my frontend ended up on. the inside dried out just fine, only casualty one stereo ans one rear transfer case oil seal. $wdriving 36 hours later through some pretty full on mud/bog holes. And the ECU worked just fine, it started straight away and drove about 70kms home.

albundy