A fuel "filling" issue.

Bunchie

Hey kids, so I've had Goldy on the road now for almost a week. To start I fueled up w/a 25ltr gerry can and had no issues getting the fuel down the filler pipe, but tonight I put $100CAN in the tank(sitting at less than an 1/8th of a tank), or should I say tried. It was almost like there was a restriction in the filler tube. The fuel kept coming up the neck even when I restricted the fuel flow at the nozzle. Anybody run into the prob or has input regarding this issue?, I'd like to hear your thoughs, thx, Victor.

BTW, Goldy has performed well so far and its amazing what vehicle sounds you can hear when your stereo doesn't work...well IT works but I need to attach an amp to all the wires the PO left in the back when he scooped his amp b4 selling it, sigh Sway bar end links need replacing front & rear for a start-lol.

I remember there was some common issue with R50 filler tubes, but IIRC it was an issue with them rusting out, not a restriction. Makes sense that the jerry can would work where the pump didn't, they tend to drain pretty slow in comparison. I'd start by just checking the filler, see if it's got an obvious dent or a kink or something.

Thank you Slarti, I'll check that out on the weekend-highs to 70º by Sunday, the weather folks are sayin...believe it when I see it, lol.

If trapped air isn't escaping the tank it would fight filling it up as well. Evap purge valve charcoal canister and so on.

I know it is a little vague but hopefully that is a decent place to start if you don't get it lined out.

Pat

Hey Pat you might be on to something there-it popped a code I haven't checked it out yet. Bigger problem today is the dead starter motor on way home from work today....sigh. Left me stranded. TRUX, and other four letter words.