94 Factory Amp help

Guest 94pfps

Guest 94pfps

I think my factory amp is underneath my passenger seat buy i am not sure. It is a 94 XE-V6 the sound system is not bose, the speakers are clarion. I was just wanting to confirm if that was it or not.

Edited by 94pfps

Guest 94pfps
:D Thanks Big Shoe, I just joined so i did'nt know about the garage. Now that i know the factory amps are in the back i just dont know what the little box is under my passenger seat?

That is the ECU (Engine Control Unit?) Anyway, it's the computer that controls and monitors the sensors in your engine. If there's a smaller box under your driver's seat, that's the factory alarm (I think). Look around and get familiar with the NPORA site. Try the "Search" feature. A lot of questions have already been answered and you'll most likely get the info you need a lot quicker than waiting for a response. But if you can't find what you need, definately throw the question out there. I'm sure someone here knows the answer (or will dazzle you with bullshyte).

Guest 94pfps
:unsure: Well it is good that i know what everything is now, but bad that i took a screwdriver to the box under my passenger seat (ECU). I thought it was the factory amp so i turned the lil turny thing on it and i hope it didnt screw anything up.

I don't know what is in the gagage section but I can send you pictures on how to rewire (get rid of) the factory amps. Also, if you are getting a head unit, Circuit City will not have the correct wiring harness.

actually, circuit city will have the correct wiring harness, a metra Nissan 1763 harness...which with some very slight modification will allow you to retain the factory amps. *Hint* it involves the remote turn on wire and power antenna wire....pm me for more info

Guest 94pfps

Hey Repack I would apprieciate(can't spell) those pictures on rewiring without the amps. My dad helps me do all the wiring and stuff on my PF and i have some subs that aren't loud cause the factory amps make the speakers to loud. He wants me to just get new speakers and leave the subs out. If i can find a easier way than rewiring the whole PF than i should be able to keep my subs!! :D