VG33 engine idle question.

bushnut

the manual says it should idle at 750 rpm. is that when it is in park or in gear? when set @ 750 in park while in traffic it will idle down to 675 and sound rough. when I set the idle so that it is running 750 in gear, while in park it runs up to 812-820. no i have not read the FSM, it usually gives me more info than I can understand or not enough:)

Edited by bushnut

the manual says it should idle at 750 rpm. is that when it is in park or in gear? when set @ 750 in park while in traffic it will idle down to 675 and sound rough. when I set the idle so that it is running 750 in gear, while in park it runs up to 812-820. no i have not read the FSM, it usually gives me more info than I can understand or not enough:)

When in gear it should idle at 700 to 750. You might what to check your TPS (throttle position sensor). Is it set right? So do you put it in park while sitting at red lights and also whenever you come out to start it in the mornings what are the RPMs after it warms up while it's still in park? Any check engine light on

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Not entirely sure it'll solve your problem, but have you considered cleaning your MAF? I idled at about 1k, and then cleaned the sensor, and it brought it back down to a 750 range. This is on a VQ35 though

When in gear it should idle at 700 to 750. You might what to check your TPS (throttle position sensor). Is it set right? So do you put it in park while sitting at red lights and also whenever you come out to start it in the mornings what are the RPMs after it warms up while it's still in park? Any check engine light on

No CEL. I'm the 3rd owner of this truck and it seemed to idle slower than my previous one. TPS is fine. I adjusted the idle at the IAC. is purring along just fine now.

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

No CEL. I'm the 3rd owner of this truck and it seemed to idle slower than my previous one. TPS is fine. I adjusted the idle at the IAC. is purring along just fine now.

Thanks for the reply.

Glad I could help.